Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Working on the Basement

Over a year after we started the basement it's finally ready for dry wall! Trevor had the majority of last week off of school, most of which was spent in the basement finishing up electrical, framing in air ducts, and doing insulation. Luckily we have some great family and friends who have helped out a ton! I even was down there doing some of the grunt work! (You know if I was down there helping, they must have been desperate!)

Here's my sexy man in his work attire!


Cutting wood for framing.



This was my really fun job. I got to cut the insulation so that it was easier to put up. Oh my achin' back! Ugh. I am not as young as I used to be.



Here I am stapling the insulation. Trevor took the staple gun and showed me how to do it (he just went pop, pop, pop, down the seam, connecting the dry wall to the studs.) I tried it, and it wasn't exactly as easy as he made it seem! Good thing Marc came the next day with a battery powered stapler!!!

Now, we just get to wait and watch as our basement gets dry walled! I'm so happy we've hired it out and don't have to worry about it! It'll probably be our last project for a little while, until we can make some more money to finish it! Sheesh, it's expensive!!! I'm excited to have it done so we can entice our Canadian and out-of-state family to come visit us :o).

5 comments:

M+J=K3+E said...

Looking good guys...can you come finish ours now :)

Shelly said...

I'm impressed Tiffany! You ROCK!!
Can't wait to see the dry wall up, that will make a huge difference!

Amber Shellabarger said...

Nice. Just don't hire the guy we did. Our basement is only about half done and he NEVER shows up. Been working on it since Jan. Good luck with everything.

The Hodsons said...

AWESOME!!!! That's so nice that you've been able to do a lot yourself...but I'm sure it's also nice to have someone else do the yucky drywall!

Laura G said...

Girl your tough. I've never stapled anything with a real gun. How fun. I want to come see your house when I come to visit. Tyson is booking my free ticket today. :)