Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting Too Big Too Fast

I have been such a terrible blogger but I really do have some valid excuses. We FINALLY moved into our house two weeks ago from today and are loving the extra space. I'm still not too sure how I feel about the area, but I'm sure it will just take some time to meet friends and get used to things. We finally got phone, TV, and the internet yesterday, so I've been going 2 weeks with none of those things. Yikes! It makes you feel very disconnected with the world, that's for sure!So I've got a lot to blog about, but as I was looking through my pictures, I just had to blog about my sweet little Brooklyn. She's getting so big lately, and I have to share these precious pictures.
Thanks to her Daddy's genes, both of my kids have teethed early. She now has 4 teeth! I keep thinking of what my niece Olivia said when Jace was getting teeth. She said, "he kind of looks like a freak with all those teeth". She definitely looks like a little goof but I love her sweet little smile.

She's also started crawling!.I know! Jace didn't crawl until he was just over 10 months old and Brooklyn started at about 8 months. She's not a little terror yet, she only crawls to toys she wants, and if someone is close by, but she's getting better every day.
She's starting to stand up to things as well. Isn't she too small to be doing these things? I don't even think she weighs 14 lbs yet!
With Brooklyn's new mobility and with growing up in general, her and Jace have started interacting a lot more. The other day I was driving and Brooklyn started laughing and then Jace started laughing, and they kept going back and forth so I adjusted my rear view mirror to find Jace's arm stretched across the back seat and holding Brooklyn's hand. It was the sweetest thing! Where's my camera when I need it? Jace loves his little sister and loves to give her kisses. He also loves to push her over and hit her sometimes too but that's another blog. It's fun watching them interact and I hope that they'll be best friends.

Well, there's much more to blog but nap time is coming to an end. I'll post some pictures of the new house too. It's not decorated, but things are pretty well unpacked. We still can't fit both cars in the garage, but hey, it's a work in progress, right?

11 comments:

Katie Webb said...

She is so adorable! I LOVE her teeth! Glad you guys got into your house. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Tiff - Your baby is so cute!

Ang said...

The kids are adorable and we are glad to hear you are finally settling in. We feel the same about our house, we like it but are still getting comfortable. Good luck!

Amber Shellabarger said...

Brooklyn is darling and getting so big. I am excited for your new house. Two weeks and your are almost all the way unpacked. That is awesome. Glad you are getting settled and I can't wait to see more.

The Hodsons said...

I can not believe how fast your kids are growning and I love these pictures of Brooklyn and her summery outfit. I'm glad you guys got all moved ok. I will have to stop by on my way to work one of these days.

Shelly said...

I love the crawl, it's the cutest thing ever to watch them do new things!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Glad to see you are finally up and running. Seriously, when is the BBQ at the new place? I will bring guacamole.

Chrissy-teeny said...

Cute kids...so did you finally find a house? We moved just a week before you and yes...I HATE MOVING, too! We just decided to rent a house while we look for somewhere to build.

Pat Zezula said...

We're just looking forward to having this great family in Canada for 2 weeks...

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are mostly settled into your new house. I can't wait to see pictures. I can't believe that Brooklyn is already crawling. Zach didn't crawl until 11 and 1/2 months. Talk about late! He still isn't even walking. I know he could if he wanted to, but crawling is so much easier right? I'm glad to hear that all is well.

RoseAnna said...

Tiff- your family is so darling. I love looking at your blog!!