Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Well, today is my birthday. The big 2-7. I'm not going to make any comments about feeling old. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to embrace each birthday instead of making it depressing. Anyway, my birthday just happens to be on a very inconvenient day this year. Tuesdays are bad for us. Trev is at school from 8-2:30 and work until 10:30ish and I'm on call @ 5:00 pm until 8:30 am tomorrow. Anyway, not a big deal. We celebrated my birthday on Friday.


Me & my daddy. I sure love this guy!!!

Shel & Julie in the kitchen getting the yummy food ready!

Ky-girl. What a sweetie! I swear she probably gave me 20 hugs & kept telling me Happy Birthday!


Like always, Noah was a big hit...and we all wanted to hold him! Ry is so good with him!


Jace helped me blow out my candle (he gets upset now at every birthday that's not his.). Marc & Shelly are evil and brought over cheese cake when I'm trying to eat healthy. I guess it's okay to splurge on your birthday, right?!


Don't mess with a man & his cheesecake!



The HIGHLIGHT of the night is when Trevor surprised me with a piano!!! (Actually a Yamaha Clavinova). I was so excited and so surprised! We've been looking at pianos and clavinovas for a while now...and I have been so lonely without one for the past 7 years. We've looked on KSL and piano dealerships, and have just been waiting for a good deal and some extra $$$. Well, Trevor SCORED!!! Apparently this piano belonged to Chris Heimerdinger who is a local author here who wrote a series called "A Tennis Shoe Among Nephites". I never personally read any of his books, but thought it was interesting! He got a really good deal, and I am LOVING it! I am beyond words with happiness that I am to finally be able to play the piano whenever I want! It's nice to be able to put on earphones when the babes are sleeping so I can play really loud!



We also got a new camera last week (The Nikon D60)!!! I'm so exited to take nice pictures...and learn more about SLR/Digital cameras and photoshop.


So you would think that I was more than done for my birthday, but no. This morning I woke up to a wonderful candy card from the hubby along with a gift certificate to get a massage. I told Trevor that he definitely wins "Husband of the Year" award!!! I love him so much and am so lucky to have him!! He's always trying to do little things (and BIG) to make me happy and feel loved.

I wanted to get the candy put away before the kids woke up (plus I didn't want the extra temptation lying around!) but I went out of the room and came back to see Brooklyn chowing down on a snickers.
I feel so ridiculously spoiled and happy for my birthday! We were able to go have lunch with Trevor during his break so that was fun! Jace must not have gotten the memo that he was supposed to take a really good nap for my birthday, but it's all good!!!

12 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Happy Birthday Tiff!!! What a sweet husband. I'm glad that you got a piano...that will make for good times for a long time!

Ashley said...

It IS your birthday! Man, so many September babies to keep track of. Quite the birthday, I'm so glad it was a good, spoiled one. Just the way it should be.

Amy said...

What a SUPER fun birthday! I am so glad it was a good one...because getting older just sucks : ) It looks like you got totally spoiled by your hubby....Good! You deserve it!

N and J said...

Happy Birthday baby girl. Luv ya forever!!!!

MOSblue said...

Happy Birthday Tiff! I'm glad your day was so special, you deserve it!

Shelly said...

First of HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Thank-you for letting us be a part of your special day.

Second, I am going to find the worse picture I can of you and post it. The picture you posted of me makes me look like I weight 300 pounds, it's horrible!! LOVE YA!!

Ang said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Wish we could have been there, mwah!

Kenzie said...

Looks like you had a great Birthday!!! If it makes you feel better I turned 27 in Aug... :)

Shelbi Jean said...

What a good day! You were spoiled, as you should have been.

Laura G said...

Lucky lady, a piano, camera and a sweet husband!!! Looks like a great day!!!

Laura G said...

Lucky lady, a piano, camera and a sweet husband!!! Looks like a great day!!!

Lost in Jello said...

Are you kidding? You look more like 19 :) Happy bday, glad you had fun!