Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blast Off!!!

Trevor got "the kids" (even though we all know who it's really for) a rocket last week. He's been wanting to do this for some time, he has some great memories of rocket flying/launching as a child with his dad. First he and the kids had to put it together.





Trevor couldn't possibly wait, so he took the kids without me, while I got ready for some friends who were coming over. Of course, there are no pictures of this... Well, yesterday, we decided to take the kids out to play with the rocket again.




Jace is getting ready for the rocket to launch. So excited!!



The result of the first rocket. We underestimated the wind and the rocket landed in a tree! I went to the house real quick to get a ladder and broom, but fear not, there was a park for the kids to play in while I was gone!




After Trevor successfully rescued the rocket, we decided there was time for one more launch (it's getting dark so early now!). This time I got to do the honors.

Trevor and Jace setting it up.


Me & the kids launching the rocket.
****Apparently there is an unwritten (and unspoken, I might add) rule when launching the rocket that the person pushing the button (a.k.a. me) is supposed to watch to see where the rocket goes. Whoops. Now our rocket is lost.****

5 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

I can tell you have a new camera! Your pictures look so good! Cute kids, as always!

Shelly said...

You are FIRED!! No more rocket launching for you... I can't believe you lost the rocket, that is too funny!!

N and J said...

Fear not. The rocket is not lost. It probably just has a new owner. Tiff someone is pulling your leg on the responsibility issue. You and the kids were launching the thing.. What was papa daddy Trevor doing taking a nap? And I wonder who made up that unwritten rule? Sounds like a man to us.

Ang said...

I love the picture of the two kids in the kitchen with Jace holding the rocket and both of them looking at it in such awe! What a fun little project, it looks like ALL the kids, both big and small, loved it.

Marc T. said...

Well.. DUH! Of COURSE you have to watch the rocket. Some people just don't know the basic rules of the playground I guess.

Great pictures of good family fun!