Sunday, January 24, 2010

Surviving January

January is such a tough month! We haven't been doing very much and it just kind of seems blah. I need to take more pictures, but who wants to see pictures of my messy house and my kids still in their pajamas at noon?! I feel like all I've done since we've been back from Canada is clean and organize, and organize and clean. The air quality has been yucky for most of the month, so we haven't spent much time outside, and I haven't been the most creative in finding other things to do. My kids have kind of felt the same way. They don't want to go anywhere and just want to stay in their jammies all day. Who can blame them?

So, here are some pictures of the fam this past few weeks. I certainly am slacking on my New Years Resolution of taking more pictures, so hopefully this will get me going...


Jace is now a Sunbeam!!! I can't believe it! He's been a poop lately at letting me take his picture, but here he is after church being a goof with his foot in his mouth. I was kind of nervous about the transition from nursery to primary (what kid in their right mind want to leave toys, snacks, and treats?) but Jace has done really well! He loves being a "big boy" and going to primary. The bigger transition has been for Brooklyn who now has to go to nursery alone.


Jave loves to help his daddy shovel the sidewalks.



Brooklyn likes to help too! They each have their own shovel and usually make more of a mess, but hopefully some day we can put all this practice to some good use!



Such a sweet little snow bunny!



Brooklyn has discovered how to climb out of her crib for the past month or so, making lot of messes when she's supposed to be asleep. This day she found the baby powder!



Trevor and the kids reading a Dora story on the t.v.




The kids have also been taking a lot of baths. They absolutely LOVE the water, and could spend most of the day in the bath if I let them!



Such a cheeser! I LOVE it!
I'm thinking I need to get the kids a pass to the Treehouse again, to help ease us through these winter months. Also, I think I'll start taking them to Story time at the library which is once or twice a week. Does anyone else have any other suggestions of some fun & cheap things to do with my kiddos this winter?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Tiff...your days sound like ours. Pj's til' noon and cleaning and organizing projects. If you come up with fun things to do let me know...I have been wracking my brain and all I have come up with is the Treehouse museum (which we haven't gone to yet). I am so excited for summer to come!

Amber Shellabarger said...

We just got a pass to the Treehouse and would love friends to go with. But I am feeling the same way since Christmas is over. Today we didn't get dressed at all. Lets get together with Jen soon.

Unknown said...

At least your kids are out of there jammies by noon. I spend all day in mine. I at least get my son dressed most mornings. I hate winter. I have the winter blues like its no ones business. Get me out of this freakin house!! I miss Hawaii so much. What can I do to bribe you and Trev to move there with us?? (We need to get Shel and Marc on board too!)

Shelly said...

I find that the older I get, the more I hate winter. A big part of it, is that I HATE being cold. We did lots and lots of playdates in the winter when our kids were younger, otherwise I would have gone crazy! :)

Emilee said...

I am so glad that you told me you have a blog. Your kids are so cute! If you end up getting a pass to the Treehouse let me know. We just got one this last week, I think more for my sanity than theirs. At least I don't have to clean up the mess they make there.