Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pink Snakes

Although the weather is getting warmer, there are still days where it's just too yucky to go outside. We're trying to fill this time by doing less TV watching and more of the other stuff. I have found with my kids, if I don't keep them busy, than the messes seem to add up a lot faster. Although, sometimes the things that keep them busy are even messier! Any way, yesterday the kids patiently sat in the cart while I shopped at Hobby Lobby (LOVE that store!) so I let them pick out a craft to paint. They chose snakes! (Of course they chose the same thing, and if they didn't, I probably would have made them. I've been a mother of two long enough to know that I'll have some melt downs and tantrums if they don't have the same thing.)



Here is Jace painting his snake. Of course he had to start out with his favorite color, pink!


Such concentration!



Brooklyn's favorite color is pink too!



The kids had a lot of fun, and it wasn't as messy as it could have been! I think we'll have to get the paints out more often, the kids were very proud of their art-work, and have carried the snakes around with them every where they go!




7 comments:

Shelly said...

You are a cute mom to let them paint! I love the pink snakes, it especially suites Jace perfectly! :)

N and J said...

Hum I'm thinking soap crayons would be a good gift. Just kidding. They looked like they had a lot of fun and not really too messy.

Shelbi Jean said...

Love it. Have you tried the make at home play dough? Super easy to make and will last a good long while (possibly an unfortunate side effect for mommy). I still want one of those bibs!

Ness said...

I love doing crafts with kids. It's a lot of clean up but totally worth it to keep them entertained.

When will Trev have a break from work and school? We need to plan this BBQ. We have been talking about it for way too long.

M+J=K3+E said...

K2 used to love pink. It was his favorite color at that age too. He has grown out of that :)

Amber Shellabarger said...

You are a good Mom!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.