Saturday, April 12, 2008

SOLD


We sold our house about a week ago and I'm having really mixed emotions. On one hand I'm happy our house has sold (without a realtor, I might add) before the spring rush when everyone's house is on the market and before the market goes down any more on the seller side. Interest rates are low again which is a huge plus in purchasing a new house as well. I'm excited to get into something bigger too.


At the same time I'm so sad to leave our home! This is the first house Trev and I have lived in together and we've put so much work into it that it's hard to say goodbye. What's even harder is saying goodbye to such an amazing neighborhood and ward. We have lived in this ward for our entire marriage (which is approaching 5 years) and have made such good friends. We love all of our neighbors and will hate to leave. At the same time, who likes moving? The thought of boxing up all our crap and moving it, unpacking it, and putting it away doesn't sound like too much fun either.


As of May 30th we're homeless so we're anxiously looking for a new home. We're looking mostly in the Layton/Kaysville/Syracuse area so if any of you know any homes for sale, let us know. House hunting is a pain, I'm sick of it already. It's very time consuming and difficult especially when you have 2 little ones. I'm spending most of my free time looking at homes on-line which is why I have been and probably will be a bad blogger for awhile. I just hope we can find something we love as much as this.


Wish us luck!

6 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Congratulations on selling your house! You should buy my house :) So why are you guys moving out to Davis County? That's actually where I would love to live because everyone there is just so happy and it just seems like a wonderful place to raise kids...well, good luck in the house hunting. -Sara-

Anonymous said...

BOO! I'm sad you sold your house. Good luck looking. Ben is very good at finding houses on ksl.com. Of course we only look for fun, we are not going anywhere.

The Harwood Family said...

How exciting for you guys, but I totally can relate with all of the mixed emotions! Moving sucks and that's all there is to it. It's a good way to clean out all your junk though. Keep us updated on where you end up!

Amber Shellabarger said...

That is exciting Tiff. Good luck with the move. Let me know if you need help with anything or even to just take Jace to the park so you can pack.

Karissa said...

I can't believe you're moving! Congrats on selling and good luck with the house hunt. It's so weird to me that you might move back to Kaysville....

Chrissy-teeny said...

Exciting!! We just sold our house, too. And we are closing the end of May, too. (We've had 3 offers fall through!!!!) I pray all works out well this time...moving is a pain, but a great opportunity to grow and move forward!