Thursday, May 8, 2008

Getting Big

So first of all, I apologize for being a terrible blogger as of late. We've been house-hunting like crazy and that has occupied a lot of my time. My computer hasn't been letting me download pictures from my camera either, which kind of puts a damper on things too. I mean, who wants to read a post without pictures?

My little Brooklyn is now 7 months and is starting to get big! She's still pretty small (especially compared to how big Jace was) but is long. For her 6 month appointment she was only 12 1/2 lbs! Jace was that weight at 2 months! She's in the 75th percentile for length though.
She's now starting to sit up with no help. She still tips over now and then but is getting pretty sturdy. It's so much fun to see her from this new angle, and makes her seem so much bigger to me! She rolls over a lot, but is not showing any signs of crawling yet. Not too disappointed though. Once they're mobile, there's no turning back! (LOVE that smile!)
We've started attempting solids but we're a far cry from where we're supposed to be. Brooklyn just doesn't seem to like them, and I don't seem to be too good at being consistent at giving them to her. It's a work in progress, that's for sure. I have a video clip I need to edit & will post on soon.
She's got 2 teeth now too! I can't believe it! I didn't even know she was teething and one night Trev says, "You didn't tell me she got a tooth." I didn't know either! Just shows what a trooper she is!
We've hit another milestone at our house this past week. The past two nights Brooklyn has slept in her crib opposed to her car seat where she has slept for pretty much the past seven months. We feel quite accomplished. I've put off putting her in her crib for WAY too long and finally decided I wanted my bedroom back. So far so good. She doesn't seem to take quite as good of naps, but it's a work in progress.

I just love this little girl, and watching her grow. I can't believe how fast the past seven months have flown by! She seriously is such a beautiful girl both inside and out. She has the most gorgeous eyes....and smile....I guess you could say I'm in love.

3 comments:

Marc T. said...

Darling pictures!! She is a beautiful baby.

Amber Shellabarger said...

WOW!! 7 Months. She is darling. You and Trever do pretty good on the baby makin front. She has got the cutest smile.

Unknown said...

She is such a sweetheart. I am totally in love with her too, but Wes is completely smitten.