Thursday, March 12, 2009

LONG Overdue

I've been a horrible blogger lately! To sum up the past few weeks: I've had sick kids, I got laid-off then rehired at my job, and Trev's been MIA helping Wes with a house in Clearfield (not to worry, Tara's been here to keep me company and help with the kiddos).

On a fun note, two weeks ago, me Tara, and Shelly went to see the Air Supply again for the second year in a row. I haven't blogged about it sooner because we couldn't bring cameras in (even though everyone else did) and I couldn't figure out how to upload my pictures onto the computer. Not to fear, I finally figured it out on my own, mind you. The quality is not the greatest, although I have a Blackberry so they're supposed to be decent, but really not. I haven't figured out how to take the best pictures with it either....so keep that in mind.



Here is Tara, me, and Shelly. The picture is taken by me, and I don't know what the crap I'm doing so I'm the only one you can see. The concert was at the Peppermill Concert Hall in Wendover which is such an awesome venue! It's so small and personal, I LOVE it! (Plus we went to the Seafood Buffet before...delish!)



Here I am, very excited as you can see.


I got to go down to the stage (which I must add that my two sisters sure didn't join me....lame...). Here's one of the lead singers. I don't know either of their names, but I can sing most of the lyrics in their songs. It's kind of embarrassing but I blame Shelly for exposing me to sweet ballads from the 80's at an early age :o).


Yes, he is about to tear open the shirt of the guitarist. And yes, I was that close. I actually hugged the lead singer (towards the left) or maybe he hugged me :o) and he held my hand when I was standing by the stage. It wasn't quite as nice as when I touched Tim McGraw's thigh at the Tim & Faith concert last year, but it was still fun!





Here I am trying to take a picture of myself. Attractive, I know. I was trying to show how close I was to the stage but I didn't do a great job of it. Meanwhile, Tara and Shelly made fun of me from their seats because they were "too cool" (or in Tara's sake pregnant) to join me. Oh well, I had fun, that's all that matters!

We had such a fun night, and I think this is going to be a Barnes Sister Tradition from now on! After the concert (which was only an hour, lame.) we got some treats and vegged out to Titanic (the only decent thing on TV). Thanks girls for such a fun weekend!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Air Supply...nice to get out without kids...right! And Trev is still working on that house...Oh my...got any pics of the house reno's? Hope you're getting the same great temps there too...yesterday and today...then more snow they say!!

mccall said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have another friend who went to that concert, too! How funny!

Nate said...

I have to admit that I didn't even know Air Supply was still around or alive. I am constantly going around the house singing songs that date me a lot older than I actually am. I now know who to blame for it, SHELLY. It makes perfect sense. We had those "boom" boxes with the dual cassettes and Shelly was always recording songs off the radio and playing them over and over.

Bad music and Hamburger Helper, it is a no wonder I have such fond memories of my childhood and Shelly is the person to blame (or thank).

On another note, Trevor has been MIA since we left last June. We need to get him blogging! I know he can't blame it on his genes because his father is a top notch blogger. I'm glad you girls had a fun time and it's nice to know Tara is feeling good enough to go to a concert because we haven't heard from her for awhile. Thanks for the update.

N and J said...

Who is, are, Air Supply? I think some of us missed the 80's. Sure we know some of their songs. Sounded like a good time away from the boys. I'm sure they enjoyed their time together. They wouldn't care much for that kind of music anyway. They are more into the slow ballads at Northern Exposure. Thinking about it, we need a night out. Are their still any artists from the 60's alive? Keep having fun, together, girls.

Ang said...

Long live the 80's! The concert sounds like it was a good time, you are a total groupie Tif!

N and J said...

You do look excited and that you are having lots of fun. Air Supply came out with some great stuff and it looks like they still have it!!!!!

Cathy Christiansen said...

Hi Tiffany, sounds and looks fun! We missed you at play group. Angela had her baby!

The Hodsons said...

Glad you were able to have a gettaway!...And congrats on getting so close to the stage :) Oh, and to answer your question we're moving to West Weber.

Shelly said...

O.K. First of all Nathan, Your lucky your sister fed you at all, It could have been ramon noodles but I went the extra mile and fixed Hamburger Helper!! (I know that you secretly still like it!!)Secondly my music ROCKED... It was better than Judas Priest or whatever else you listed to. You just don't appreciate good music!!

I am to blame for the music, I admit it... At least we can fun with it, right?!!

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't believe that you were that close. Are there assigned seats? Why was a dude ripping another dude's shirt off? That is a little strange to me! Trev loves Air Supply, all the way back from his youth.

Marc T. said...

Air *YAWN* Supply again. Whatever, you guys just wanted an excuse to live it up in Wendover!

Holly said...

Wow, Air Supply was my first concert ever! They came to the Dee Events Center in their glory years--about 1982. I'll have to find my cassettes for you. :) -Kevin