Monday, February 23, 2009

Ways to Entertain

With the winter weather we've tried to be creative in the ways we find entertainment around here.  The kids have had no problem keeping themselves busy and finding ways to have fun



Here is Brooklyn eating marshmallows that Jace threw from his high chair to her.  Where is Jace?  He's in time out.  And Brooklyn's pants aren't a fashion statement, they're just big on her and she is constantly taking them off (which is why she's clothes-less all the time!)


I have two happy helpers every night when we make dinner.  Jace likes to pull over a chair to the oven & he and Brooklyn climb up and get in the way....I mean help make dinner.


You can't see really well in this picture, but there's Froot Loops everywhere!  I have learned that I need to be alarmed when my kids are laughing and I can't see them.  They emptied the bag of Froot Loops and threw them up the stairs.


Jace LOVES Brooklyn's sunglasses and thinks he's pretty hot stuff!


Jace wore Trevor's goggles around the house for DAYS!  He liked to put them on his head like sunglasses.  

Here he is with a turkey baster stabbing a piece of bread. He's stylin' in his diaper and one black sock.

I guess there are "entertaining" things to do around the house when the weather is yucky.  I'm definitely counting down the days until it's warm enough to go on walks and play outside.

P.S~  We did have a really fun Valentine's Day, but didn't take any pictures.  Good thing my brother-in-law did!  To see some pics visit their blog here and here

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the updates and the pictures...wish we were there but it's the next best thing!! (other than beating Ang to the draw...

Shelly said...

We usually enjoy Tiff's kids through the blogs as well, you'd think we'd see them more living only 1 hr away. Cute pictures, kids are very creative!! I'm still finding fruit snacks in my toaster and dried up bread in my blender!!

Ang said...

I am just glad somebody else's home is just like ours, in constant need of cleaning. For us it is the dang dogs. I am in favor of the mess and being entertained rather than dealing with the "I'm bored what can I do?" all day long. Just wait they will be there soon enough! Quite apologizing for those half dressed kids, we have all been there and know full well happy baby's cannot be restricted by their clothes! They are, as always, adorable.

Patrick, I am losing my zest for life!!! I am embarrassed that you posted nearly an entire day ago and I am just checking blogs. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with school and fortunately, for the sake of passing my courses, have been a little more focused... what is wrong with me!

Sarah Empey said...

Looks like all is well! Doesn't it sometimes feel overwhelming trying to keep up with all the messes???? I loved Jace's goggles-such a boy!

Unknown said...

Ang...best of luck in your studies,
and keep up the great work with your family!
You should have seen the messes that all four of our "precious packages" made...and trips to the hospital...never a dull moment...and what do you call the experiences?? PRICELESS.

Ang said...

Thanks Patrick! It is true, I wouldn't trade the messes for the world, it goes by to dang fast!

Ashley said...

Little Brooklyn. Good luck keeping pants on that girl ever! Er, uh, I mean because of the small hips. Not the loose standards :) Miss you, call me sometime.

Sarah said...

I love seeing the pics of your kids! Aren't they so entertaining. I know it doesn't seem like it at the time, but at least you can look back a laugh! Good times!!! ;)

Kenzie said...

So cute!!! I hope everything is going good with you guys!

Karissa said...

Those two look like trouble. One question, why SO many marshmallows? Or does it look like more than it really is? Jace really pulls off that look well, not many could, but he is looking good!

Pistolmom said...

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com

mccall said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. Sounds like you keep pretty busy!

colleen said...

hilarious pictures, Tiff! The kiddies are way cute! I have been seriously MIA lately in the blog world, but it's fun to scroll through and catch up a bit.

Hey... i need to get your e-mail address to invite you to mine...

The Hodsons said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but it cracks me up!!! Your kiddos are keeping you on the move it looks like.

Also, we'll be moving out to the West Weber area...at least that's the plan for now.

Sarah said...

I love your new picture for your heading! You guys look AWESOME! Could you give Colleen Hill my email address, sarahbmorris1@yahoo.com? Let her know I would love to look at her blog too, thanks!