Thursday, September 27, 2007

Craft Time

So this past weekend I went up to Park City to stay with my sister while Trevor went "camping" (I'll talk about that more in an upcoming blog). We decided to be crafty and tried our skills out at making headbands for baby sister. I'm learning that all of these girl accessories are quite spendy...headbands can be $8.00-$9.00 a piece (are you kidding? I don't spend that kind of money on myself). Anyway, I heard that a lot of headbands they make for little girls are just made of women's knee highs and flowers. They are super cute, but sometimes the flowers they put on are so big, you can't see the baby! So with some knee highs, silk flowers and other scrap-booking accessories, and a lot of hot glue, here are the results. Impressive, eh? We got a little carried away, and now I have 28 headbands. (Tara reminds me that now she can wear a different headband every day in February!) They're a lot of fun to make though...and I realized that I am capable of being crafty. (With a little help from my sister.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little help????... :)

Ashley said...

Girls are SOOOO fun! I love the pink and brown ones.

Marie said...

Great idea Tiff! Are they one whole knee high or did you have to cut it?

We really should talk soon Tiff! We have A LOT to catch up on. :)