Friday, January 18, 2008

Bargain Shopper

My sister Shelly is the best bargain shopper in the world. She is calls all the time to say that she just bought 75 items at the grocery store and only spent $7 or something like that. And that's not an exaggeration. She's gotten me half of my food storage, I swear and won't ever let me pay her because she gets such good deals. She uses coupons from the newspaper and online and has this site she goes to (www.pinchingyourpennies.com) that gives updates on the latest sales. Last week I went to her house for a few days and we did some major bargain shopping. First we went to Kohls. They had tons of clothes on sale for 75% off, and were an additional 50%off of the sale price. I had to stock up on some clothes for next winter for both of the babes. (In fact, I even bought stuff Brooklyn won't be able to wear for several years, but when you are spending $1.80 on pants, you just can't pass up that good of a deal). Then the next day we went to Old Navy's sale which was 50% off of all their sale prices. Cha ching!!! I got so many clothes!!! (This picture really doesn't do justice of how many clothes I actually got). We had to wait in line for like 45 minutes (with 3 kids mind you). At one point we thought we lost Jace, and Kylee ended up getting a bloody nose because the cart fell on her. But it was all worth it in the end! Thanks for sharing all of you bargain shopping secrets with me Shel!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh man...I so could use a Shelly in my life! I need more practice bargain shopping.

Ashley said...

Ooh, I hit the same Old Navy sale here. Not stuff I would pick out regularly, but for $1, you can't pass it up.

Anonymous said...

Where on earth are you going to put all those clothes? They look cute!! I miss you guys- I will try to call you tomorrow! Love ya!