Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pictures

I got the kids pictures taken a few weeks ago and what a MESS!! It's hard enough to get one baby to smile or sit still (who am I kidding, even if they looked at the camera that would be nice!) let alone TWO babies! Yikes! We set an appointment at Kiddie Kandids right after Jace's nap so he'd be happy. We got to the mall a little early so I could feed Brooklyn right before too....so she'd be happy. Sounds like a good plan, right? Well, it didn't work out so nice. Stupid people...okay maybe that's harsh (although if you were there you'd probably think I'm a saint for not using any profanities) anyway, they ended up letting several people ahead of us...and when it was time to take our pictures, we get both babies ready and the girls says "whoops, it looks like you guys aren't in the system yet. Just have them stay like that for two minutes and I'll be right back." What? Baby + Baby does not equal sitting in a pose for two minutes. It was all down hill from there. Jace didn't want to look at Brooklyn, kiss Brooklyn, or even be in the same proximity to her. Holding her was clearly out of the question. After two hours, yes TWO HOURS, we decided to call it quits and come back the next day. Although it wasn't much better the next day, we did get some SUPER cute pictures! I'm just lucky Tara was there to help me...

This is the ONLY decent picture of the two of them together. Sure they're not in a sweet pose looking at eachother, or Jace isn't kissing her. But we were VERY lucky to get them within 2 feet of eachother without causing some drama...














We were lucky to get this picture too, because Brooklyn was not too thrilled after having her clothes changed....plus she was getting a little sleepy... I love her blessing dress. She looks like an angel!














What a sweetheart! I just want to kiss those little lips every time I look at this picture!


















That's the smile I wake up to every morning. Am I lucky or what?

















What a handsome boy! He looks so grown up in his suit and tie. Before I know it he'll be going on a mission!




When Trev saw this picture he asked how we got Jace to hold the pose. Funny thing is, the lady just put the ladder there and Jace just posed on his own!











What a smile!







So although it was a painful experience for all, I got some super cute pictures!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh man, sorry you had to deal with unhappy children and stupid Kiddie Kandids! Although, looking at these ADORABLE pictures it seems like it was worth all the hassle, eh? :)

The Harwood Family said...

Oh my heck....your kids are so cute!!!! I can't wait to see Brooklyn in person someday. She's a doll! How's Utah these days?

The Owen Family said...

Oh my I am glad to know that I am not the only one with picture taking issues. They are darling!