Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hay Ride

On Friday Trevor and I took the kids over to a local nursery and went on a hayride with the kids. The funnest part was that they took us to a huge pumpkin patch and let us choose our own pumpkins. Each kid got to have their own FREE pumpkin. Gotta love things that are free! It was pretty cold, and we had to wait in line for a while, but it was all worth it to watch the kid's get excited.

Here we are before the ride started. Jace was so excited that the hay was pulled by a tractor!

Here's Trevor and Jace with their hoods. Jace is obsessed with jackets and hoods. He is such a Daddy's boy!

Here's a group shot again as we're riding down the lane.

Trevor and Jace picking out pumpkins. Jace wanted all of them! He kept say "Dat one" and then would change his mind and want "Dat one" instead!

He finally decided on this one. He is very proud of his pumpkin!


Brooklyn did pretty well, but she just wanted to get down and play in the dirt.
I think this will definitely be a tradition of ours each year. We had so much fun even if it was chilly!

10 comments:

Ang said...

What a cute little family you two have. Looks like a really fun tradition to have, we haven't gone out to get our pumpkins yet. I have a feeling it may just be taking a trip to the grocery store this year and throwing one in a cart!!!

Nate said...

It looks like it was a great family outing. Your post reminded me of one of our "traditions". One year for Christmas, Ang wanted to have a tradition of going on a horse-drawn carriage ride through SLC. It lasted one-year. It was too cold, it cost like $60, and it was much more pleasant in a car.I think you guys have the right idea. Free is the way to go.

It's nice seeing pictures of Trevor. I had forgot what he looked like!!!..I guess he has been too busy in the yard to have any pictures taken!!

The Hodsons said...

What nursery is this? That is the perfect activity for this time of year...so fun! Oh, we missed you today Tiff!

Amber Shellabarger said...

Hey Jen and I are going next week to do that in Layton. I heard it was fun and it looks like you guys had a blast.

Holly said...

We still need pumpkins and that sounds fun. Where is it?

Tiff and Trev said...

It's at J and J Nursery in Layton (on Gordon). It was a blast! I'm not sure if they're still doing it or not, but you have to pick up tickets before hand (just inside the store), for the kids to get the free pumpkins.

Kyle and Shayla said...

Hey Tiffany this is Shayla I found your blog through Sara's. Hope you don't mind me checking it out every now and again to stay in touch. It looks like youv'e been doing great! Your kids are adorable!

Jan said...

Tiff--
I think your family is darling. Rose Anna has a link to your blog. I hope things are going well for you guys. Jan Barker

Unknown said...

Great traditions for the best family memories - awesome! ...so when your children ask "where did I come from?", you have pictorial evidence that they came from the Great pumpkin patch!
(hud, hud, hud,)

Sarah said...

We have done the J & J nursery thing the last two years. Last year it was raining so hard, that we couldn't do the hay ride, but we still got pumpkins. I love that tradition. They usually have something in the paper about it, and I didn't see anything this year.