Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brooklyn!!!

Saturday was Brooklyn's 1st birthday! I can't believe she's one already! The past year has flown by, and I can't imagine what life was like before her.

We had a birthday party for the little princess on Saturday evening and were happy to have most of my family there (we missed Nate & Angie and their girls) and like always, we missed Trev's side of the family. We had a yummy BBQ and the kids had fun running around playing with the balloons and toys.


Here's Kylee and Brooklyn. Kylee and Rylan are such big helpers with the kids and entertained them for hours!

Here's Uncle Wes, Ry, and Ky with the Birthday Girl!

Brooklyn got spoiled and had a lot of presents to open. She got a farm toy, a new baby, a teddy bear, a new outfit, and a stroller for her dollies! She had a fun time opening her presents, but I think Jace and Kylee had the most fun! Like most babies she had a funner time playing with the paper and box.

Here she is playing with her new farm toy.


Here she is with her new baby and stroller.



She thought it was funner to climb up the stroller than to push it around! She's such a little monkey!


Here she is wearing her princess crown, although she only wore it for a few seconds and only because she was distracted by the spoon.

Trevor decided that he wanted to get Brooklyn a princess cake at Costco instead of my usual cupcake cake. I agreed, and it was much nicer not to have to stress out about it and spend more time with the kids.



At first Brooklyn wasn't sure about the piece of cake in front of her and ate it without her hands.



She soon found out it was much funner and messier to use her hands.


By the end she was all caked-out. She had cake in her hair, ears, eyes, and even diaper!



Jace was happy to enjoy his sister's birthday, and he definitely didn't make as much of a mess.

We had such a fun day, and have had such a great year with Brooklyn. She was such a surprise to us at first, but we can't imagine life without her.

9 comments:

Ang said...

The first several pictures I was amazed at how grown up she looked, then came the diaper shots and she still looks like a little baby with a mouth full of teeth!

Looks like a good time was had by all, we miss you guys!

Nate said...

I feel horrible; I missed both of your birthdays. I have yours on my calendar and all day I thought about calling you, but each time it was either too early, too late, or I didn't have enough time to talk. It is no excuse, but I did think about you most of the day, if that counts for anything. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

I'm glad you had a great party and I love the pictures of Brooklyn eating the cake. I still remember Jace on his first birthday. Those are memories that will always last.

Marc T. said...

Umm... What about the best part of the whole night... Trevor on the phone with the Elder's Quorum Pres and Brookly's surprise!

Jen said...

Looks like you had fun. I can't believe how quick this year went either. She is so cute.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! she is so cute!

Amber Shellabarger said...

Wow it has been a year already. Boy how time flies when you are having fun. Love the naked cake picutres.

Tiff and Trev said...

Thanks, Nate. I totally understand. I did the same thing with Liv. We both had good birthdays though...just wish you guys were there. We missed you for sure.

N and J said...

It's nice to re-live the party and be able to pay attention to one thing at a time through your blog. You did an excellent documentry. However you really had to be there to hear Ry's innocent remarks and the balloons popping and taste the cake. It was a wonderful party, thanks for inviting us. She is truly our little princess. Love, Gampa and Gamma

Karissa said...

Happy Birthday to Brooklyn!! I can't believe how much she looks just like you Tiff! She looks like she had a great time with that cake....