Thursday, April 9, 2009

The HAPPIEST place on earth!

Last week, we (Me, Tara [30+ weeks pregnant, mind you] and the kiddos) spent SIX days at the Happiest Place on Earth!!!! What an absolute blast! Going to Disneyland is SO much funner when you take you're with your kids! It truly is a magical place. I have LOTS and LOTS of pictures, and this is only a fraction. So bare with me.

Here's a group picture with the "Big Cheese" himself! Jace was SO excited to see Mickey and said he wanted to give Mickey a hug, but quickly changed his mind when we got up close.


Here we all are on one of our first rides. It's a boat ride through Storybook Land. This kids loved it!


The three kids on the carousel. Of course two of them are having too much fun to look at the camera.


Jace and Brooklyn are chillin' out enjoying the ride. They would always take their shoes off as soon as they got in the stroller and used their trays as foot rests. Tara and I wish they made a double stroller that was adult sized, although I'm not sure who would push us!



Looks like their snoozing away but their fakers. Brooklyn's the only one who would actually crash in the stroller.


Tara and Jace on his "favorite" ride, the "Caterpillar Choo Choo". * I didn't really know Jace had "favorites" but apparently he does! As a side note, his favorite color is pink!


This is Jace going through the watermelon. It squirts water and smells like a watermelon. He loved it as you can tell!



Brooklyn's giving Mickey a high-five at California Adventures. Both kids had to give the characters fives and bones before we could leave. Otherwise they (or maybe it was just Jace) would cry and we'd have to but back up in line so he could hurry and do it!





Jace while we're waiting for our shuttle. Riding the bus was one of the highlights of our day.





Jace and Brooklyn loved the fountain at California Adventures. They stayed and played here multiple times during our trip. We found if we let them run around and be free for awhile they weren't cranky.


Such a sweet moment.

Jace is giving Pooh Bear a five. They loved the Winnie the Pooh ride, and had to see the characters afterward.


Brooklyn's about to hug Pooh. She was really sweet with the characters.





I think this is the only time Jace hugged a character. Tigger's one lucky guy.



Group shot with Tigger.



Here's the three of us in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle (or Cinderella's Castle, depending on who you ask). Once Jace saw the castle, he knew we were at Disneyland because every time the Disney logo with the castle comes on the TV, he yells "Disneyland"!


This is what Jace threw in the water in front of the castle. Lovely.



Luckily we found a "Handy Manny" to help us! (Although Jace suggested we use a fishing pole. He's such a smart guy!)




Here's Jace and I on the bumper cars in "Bug Land". He loved being able to drive!


The kids didn't mind waiting in line for rides (although, really, we never had to wait too long) because they would play with the ropes or chains or whatever else there was. I guess it was a good way to get all their wiggles out.


Jace is showing Brooklyn the "goods" while we're waiting in line. They both thought it was hilarious! It's so much fun to watch them laugh and play together.



Here's Jace a Wall-E. It's just a statue, which made Jace much more comfortable.






Here we are with Tara's favorite: GoOfY!


We went out to lunch/dinner a few times in Downtown Disney.




This is Jace's new face whenever you ask him to say cheese.


Here are the kids enjoying a laugh while they eat their hot dogs. I kind of felt trashy giving my kids whole hot dogs to eat but you're kind of limited at a hotel. It was nice because Tara & I would put the kids down at 7pm Cali time so they'd keep they're same schedule (and we were all POOPED by that time anyway). Tara and I would listen to books on our Ipods and go to bed early. I think I got more sleep while we were there than I have in a long time!


This face shows how we all felt by the end of the day. Exhausted and a little cranky. She can give the BEST dirty looks!


Here's the beauty queen waiting to go to Disney the next day. 12 hours of sleep does both kids well, and they slept awesome all week long!

Jace and I with are snazzy 3-D glasses waiting to go on Toy Story Mania.

Jace was a pro with his gun. It was such a fun ride!!!

Here we are looking at another water feature. My kids love the water!
Jace is waving to Woody and Buzz during the Pixar parade! Both kids sat so still and mesmerized in their strollers.
Although I went with a pregnant lady and two toddlers, I still was able to go on my fair share of rides (thank you SO much, Tara). Here I am on Screamin'.
Every time I go to Disney, I'm impressed with all they do to entertain you. I was so surprised with how many things there were for the kiddos and six days didn't seem like long at all! (Tara may tell you otherwise, though.) Thank you, Tara, for playing with us in all your pregnant glory! You were a trooper!

14 comments:

The Owen Family said...

WOW, looks like you had a GREAT time! By the way you look FANTASTIC, what are you doing?

Brooke said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Isn't Disneyland the greatest?!? I totally agree that it's much more fun when you take kids. I'm counting the days down 'til we get to go next month. :)

anne said...

What fun! That was very brave of you to go with kids that young. Jace (...my Jace, not yours...) and I took the kids on a Disney Cruise in November. I TOTALLY recommend that to everyone. There are characters everywhere and hardly ever a line. But the downside is you don't have the rides.
Glad you had fun. :)

P.S. Are you sure Tara is 30 weeks pregnant? She barely looks 5 months. Tell her congrats from the Booth fam. :)

Nate said...

What a great post. Thank you for putting up so many pictures, it makes us feel like we were there with you. It is also nice to see that Tara is doing well, because I have not heard anything from her for months.

I am so jealous that you got to take the kids to Disneyland. We have not taken the kids since Lex was 7 and Liv was 2. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up and how cute they are. Thanks for the update.

Kenzie said...

I love disneyland... IT looks like you had such a great time... So fun... HOw old is your little one??? Did she like it or do you wish you would have waited.. I was just wondering..

N and J said...

Memories are made of this! What a wonderful adventure for everyone. Even though I waited too long to take the kids to Disneyland I still remember the excitement. The boys were more into the video arcades at the hotel but for me it was a blast being a kid again. I hope we can go again someday soon with all of the grandkids and become young again. We thought Tara and Tiff were crazy to take this trip but alas the smiles and happy faces proved us wrong. I laughed just watching and enjoing the blog.

The Green's said...

I love Disneyland! It looks like so much fun. I am completely jealous!

mccall said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had a blast! How fun!

Ang said...

Looking at all the fun you guys had really makes me think we need to do a Disney trip. It really is such a different feel taking your kids. When Nate and I took our girls I remember as you walk in and Walt Disney is talking over the speaker I just feeling this wave of emotion.... it really is a happy place!

Emily said...

Tiff - hey! It looks like you guys had a great time at Disney Land! I am so jealous, I can't wait until my little guy is big enough to go. Your little kids are SO SO SO adorable! What a cute family! I am so glad you gave me your blog address. It is so fun to catch up!

Amber Shellabarger said...

How fun. I am totally jealous!

The Hodsons said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to Disneyland!!...However, I'm a bit jealous right about now. :)

Melanie said...

Tons of fun! Love all the fun pics!

Keri said...

We're going in Sept and I can't wait!