Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had such a nice Easter this year! I know I sound redundant, but holidays, amusement parks, etc. are so much funner when you have kids! Our Easter Weekend started out by going to Tooele to participate in the Taylor's neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun! It's such a great idea too, hopefully when I make more friends in my neighborhood I can do the same thing here!



Jace did the Easter Egg hunt last year, and could hardly contain himself when he saw Shelly's front lawn covered with Easter Eggs and candy! Here he is already to go!



Brooklyn was excited too! Unfortunately, both of my kids share my love for all things sugary and sweet.
Jace had to stop and eat some treats. It's way too tempting to just keep them in your bucket while your hunting.


Brooklyn caught on really quick, and didn't even seem side-tracked by the candy or what was in the eggs.

She is, however, irritated by her Mom's constant smooches. I just can't seem to leave those cheeks alone!


Jace looking exhausted with all the rewards from the hard work. He so graciously helped Brooklyn carry her bucket, although I'm sure he was eyeing some of her candy!



Here's some of the group hunting. Ry couldn't participate this year in hunting because he just turned 10 (apparently there's an age limit, can you believe he's 10?!). He was a great help hiding the eggs though.


After the hunt there was a pot-luck breakfast that was so yummy! I love this picture because it tells so much. Kylee is sweetly smiling, and Jace is saying "cheese" and thinking "if she doesn't take the picture now and let me get back to my candy, there's going to be a tantrum!". Tara obviously isn't thrilled about the picture and is touching her oh so cute belly. Brooky's oblivious and stealing some food off of Tara's plate.


Next we colored eggs. Jace was in heaven stirring the different colors of water. The boy can't get enough of all things liquid.


By the end his face and hands were stained yellow. He got it all over his clothes too, but thankfully it didn't stain.


Rylan Tara & Brooklyn enjoying the festivities. Yikes, it looks like Brooklyn's going to take a drink of the coloring!
On to Easter Sunday. The kids looked adorable in their new Easter clothes, but both were grouchy and didn't want to take pictures. Here is Jace making sure we don't forget his chocolate milk at home!
Here's the princess putting on a little drama. Sunday mornings are always an event at our house!


This is one of the best family shots we got. Jace is cheesing it, and Brooklyn has a marshmallow in her mouth (the only way we could get her to take the picture) but it's still cute. I just love my little family!

While we were at church the Easter Bunny visited and left some fun toys for the kids (as if they needed anymore). I'm glad that the Easter Bunny has learned that if you get something for Jace you also have to get it for Brooklyn too.

Then it was off to Grandma & Grandpa Barnes' for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was a little more difficult to find the eggs this time, but Grandpa was a good help!

Jace is digging through the goods. Geese, when did Easter turn into Christmas! My kids got spoiled!! We had a yummy dinner and celebrated the Ry Guy's birthday. I made myself sick eating too much junk & Easter candy! Now I'm ready for spring!!

4 comments:

Ang said...

The kids are adorable in their Easter garb. I feel the same way, wonder how Easter turned into Christmas but it is hard not to get carried away!

You are looking stunning these days, I am so not ready for summer, med school has not been kind on my body.... oh well, they keep saying it will be worth it!

Unknown said...

What a great Easter...and then 4 days off of work made it an awesome weekend. Wish we could have been there...thanks for the great pictures!!

Brooke said...

Wow, you take great pictures! I really need to do better. I had Ambry all dolled up for Easter yet left the camera at home for all the festivities we had. Oops! Someday I'll get there...

Amber Shellabarger said...

LOVE THE EASTER OUTFITS!!!!