Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Start of Summer

So Memorial Day is pretty much the start of Summer! I can't believe we're already here! Time is flying and we're having a lot of fun!


For Memorial Day we had our annual Grandma Kemp (Julie's Mom) Memorial Day Lunch. It was a blast! The weather was perfect, the food was yummy, and the kids had a blast! The only problem was I didn't take enough pictures.




Here is Brooklyn playing with a balloon. There were a lot of games for the kids to play. They were in heaven.

Brooklyn loved carrying this ball around, it's funny because it's the same size as she is!


Someone gave Jace a whistle for a prize....I don't know who, but they're going to pay...


Here's Brooklyn and one of her favorite people. She hasn't got to see much of Wes lately, and was all over him today!



After the luncheon Trev & I took the kids back for naps (I guess I should say kid, because Jace sure didn't take a nap!). Shel & Marc and their kiddos and Wes & Tara came over and we BBQ'd hotdogs & Brauts (yes, I ate a chicken one! It was good too!!!) We played a fun game of soccer and LOVED the weather!


Here are the little cheerleaders. They were dirty so I stripped them down. They both just got up on the chair and sat side-by-side. They're getting along so well and I'm loving it.



I love watching them play together and when they make each other laugh. They're the bestest friends.



My little boy is getting SO big! He's saying and doing the funniest things. I swear each new stage they get too is my "favorite".


Kylee absolutely loves Brooklyn. She's always sad when she has to take a nap, and asks constantly to check and see if she's awake yet. Brooklyn has started to reciprocate those feelings, and they're turning into good friends. Kylee is so good to hold her and play with her. We love our cousins!!! (And we especially missed Nate & Angie and their girls today!)
We're looking forward to what the summer will bring, and hope there are a lot more BBQs and Soccer Games to come!

4 comments:

Ang said...

I am hoping for your sanity you were able to confiscate the whistle and dispose of it!

I love that you threw an "after party" it doesn't get any better than that! We missed you all too!

Amber Shellabarger said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to be friends. Your kiddos are so cute!

Shelbi Jean said...

Someone gave him a whistle? Good Grief...

N and J said...

I'm glad you took some pictures. I hope you have been writing the funny things in your journal. I wished I would have. I really was a wonderful day. I agree we need to have some more great barbaques.