Sunday, May 10, 2009

Too Much to Do, Too Little Time....

We've had a busy couple of weeks! I'll give you a brief run down of what we've been up to so I can start being current on blogging.

First off, we had a baby shower for Tara at my house. So I decided I should finally put my family pictures up. It kind of ended up snowballing and I spent way too much money and going a little crazy on decorations. We were all exhausted by the time the shower came, but the house looked a lot more cozy!

Here is Tara helping to put up the curtain rods for the curtains. (The boys were out of town so we tried to show that we could do things ourselves. Too bad they took the batteries for the electric drill so we had to do it by hand!)


Don't be too impressed, but here is one of the valances I made for my windows. We now have curtains in the kitchen, family room, master bath, and master bedroom!


Next project was to hang the family pictures. I wanted to hang them above the stairs, but didn't realize that it would be so difficult! Trevor & Wes made some scaffolding to stand on so we could hang the pictures up.


Although I am petrified of heights, Wes's bow-making skills were not quite up to par, so I had to get up there and tie on the bows.


I'm really happy with the way it turned out! It's hard to get a good picture of it, but this gives you the general idea.



Next we tackled the entry way.



Not that this is really a decoration, but I guess it's a better way to keep the kids toys in one spot in our family room. One day I will have a toy room.


This is on top of the armourer in the family room. Looks much better then the clutter I had up there before!


Here's our master bedroom. I definitely did not make these curtains, but I think they turned out really nice, and actually make our room seem a lot more cozy.



Here's the loot from Tara's shower. There was a great turn out, great food, and great conversation. Tara scored in the gift department! I'm getting so excited....three weeks to go!


Somewhere in between, the boys (i.e. Trev & Wes and some of Wes's buddies) went down to Moab for a "long weekend" which kind of turned into a week. Trevor was the paint ball king and they had a blast. It was a much needed break for both of them.

Here they are hiking in Devil's Garden. If anyone has ever been here it is gorgeous!!!


Also somewhere in the past few weeks Trev & I took the kids to the Hill Airforce Base Aerospace Museum. We had SO much fun, and the best part is, it was free!


Here's Brooklyn playing in a small jet. The cute old guy who works in the educational center was wrapped around here little finger, and was sweet enough to bring out the plane/cars for the kids to play with.

Here's Jace. He was in heaven.



We also went to the zoo this past week! Trevor has never been to the Hogle Zoo, so it was a real treat! Here is Trevor & Brooklyn on the train. (Jace was sitting with me, and was way to excited to have anything to do with getting his picture taken.)


Jace & Brooklyn with Grammies favorite animal, the elephant. It's so interesting to see the animals close up, but it's depressing at the same time seeing them all cooped up. The kids (all three of them) loved it though!


And last but not least, I had to throw this cute picture of Brooklyn in here. After the boys came back from camping, Brooklyn wanted to wear Wes's hat around the house. She is such a cutie! I seriously can't be in the room with her for more than 2 minutes without smothering her with kisses.
BIG *sigh*. Now I feel very relieved, I've been putting this off forever. I hate procrastinating, but seem to do it too often.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The house is looking great...nice profile Tara - your lives are going to be different real soon!
Aerospace museum...hmmm...I recall wanting to visit there - nice to see part of it now, glad the kids have those jet cars to play in too. Those lil chickens are growing like weeds - more personality too! Looks like the guys had fun...paintball haven??
Thanks for the updated Tiffany!

The Hodsons said...

I think your decor/curtain making skills are nice! Good job Tiff.

Ang said...

First things first... Patrick where have you been? I have missed your comments!

Tif thanks for the update, the house looks great, Tara's profile was awesome and those kids of yours just get more grown up everytime I see a new picture. Especially Brooklyn this time around, she is looking more like a little girl and not so much a baby!!

N and J said...

Wow I am glad I didn't see how the home makeover was accomplished. I would have freaked with Tara on the chair and Tiff on the Scaffold. But the end ressult was beautiful. Sounds like a busy few weeks for the kids as well as you. I swear they have seen more in their short lives than I saw in the first 40 years of mine. Guess Patrick and I will have to check out the Aerospace Museum when he comes to town. He can have the Zoo, I have been there way tooo many times.

Unknown said...

Hi N&J...you're on!! As for Tara...don't worry about her - Deb and I saw several gals on a program night b4 last that worked "full term" without even knowing that they were pregnant - the one gal is a firefighter and had no idea until she was in pain...and hubby delivered the baby on the bathroom floor just prior to paramedics arriving! Go Tara, Go...
And sorry Ang...busy selling buildings - spring is here!! Although yesterday we had a lil snow storm and they are forecasting a couple days next week below freezing with the chance of snow - where's Al Gore and David Suzuki?? Global warming - my freezing butt!!

Keri said...

Wow, so beautiful. Want to redecorate my house!? LOL, your kids are darling! I'm glad I can follow you now!

Keri said...

Wow, so beautiful. Want to redecorate my house!? LOL, your kids are darling! I'm glad I can follow you now!