Thursday, June 25, 2009

Picnic in a Box

Yesterday Trevor and I had to close on our refinance (Hooray for 4.75% interest!) and luckily it was just down the street from my parents. They are always so good to watch the kids for me, and the kids LOVE going over there and playing on the swing set and with all of the toys.
When I went to pick the kids up, they were having a picnic in a box! Luckily, my dad kept the box to the BBQ we gave him for Father's Day and the kids thought it was the funnest thing ever! I guess they played with it the whole time I was gone, making it into a house, a secret hiding place, a lunch venue, and finally a hamster wheel. I'm afraid to say the hamster wheel did the box in, but the kids definitely got their enjoyment out of it!! Why is it that the boxes are so much fun to kids? My dad and I decided we're going to invent some sort of plastic box for kids that doesn't get trashed so easily!!!

Here's Jace trying to take Brooklyn's CapriSun, and Brooklyn holding on for dear life! She won't let her brother bully her around!
Thanks to the parents for watching the babes...and having such a fun time with them that they didn't want to come home!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

My kids still LOVE boxes. Our neighbors sister moved and had a bunches of boxes last week that the kids played in for hours! Just wait, pretty soon they'll want to use knives to cut doors and windows!!

N and J said...

Now thats what I call a great box lunch! We had almost as much fun as they did watching them play with the box! Ah the simple pleasures!

anne said...

Why is the box always the best part of the present? I dunno. :)

The Hodsons said...

Wow...good job on the 4.75%!! Cutest kids ever!

Ang said...

Liv has been playing with a box for the last little while herself. She has made a car with several unique features... like a shower for her stuffed animals! It is funny that the box will always be one of the greatest toys out there.

Nate said...

Liv is 8 and the boxes still haven't got old. We have a whole basement full of boxes from our move and Liv and her friends can decorate one and play with it all day long.

I love the picture of them sitting in the box. That must be one big box, because they look really small in it.

Ashley said...

This makes me so jealous, I wish we lived by grandma and grandpa!!! And I wish I had a big box....