Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Choo Choo Trains

Yesterday we went to the Union Station for some festivities they had down there. There was a Disney Train for the Christmas Carol (which I believe is coming to theatres this fall) and it was FREE (aside from the $20 parking ticket I got....don't get me started). Well the kids love trains, and you certainly can't argue with free, so we decided to invite some friends and check it out. I guess the idea was good, because there were a TON of people, which accounts for the 2-3 hour wait just to tour the train. Considering that we had 4 kids 3 years old and under, we decided that wasn't going to happen. We decided to just let the kids play around the trains, which ended up being fun for the babes.

Although he looks grumpy, Jace was in HEAVEN! He LOVES trains! (He also loves mud puddles and splashed through everyone we passed, although I didn't get any pictures.)

Here's Jace saying "cheese". He's always pulling out the "cheese" face when I take pictures. The only problem is that he doesn't usually look at the camera.



Here's Brooklyn. She's such a monkey, and wants to climb on just about everything! Jace has rubbed off on her, and she loves trains too (she also follows Jace through the mud puddles too, by the way). I think she's going to be a little tom-boy.


They definitely weren't cooperating in getting their pictures taken. This is Jace's "cheese" face, at this point he was yelling "cheese" because I didn't take the picture fast enough.



This is how we ended the day. Jace saw kids taking off their shirts and playing in the fountain, so Jace took his shirt off. Of course Sissy had to take off her shirt too, which also led to the removal of her pants. Of course Jace had to take his of too. (Do you see why my kids are in their diapers a lot?) Even though we didn't see most of the festivities, it was nice to get out a play! Thanks for coming along, Jen!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun even if you didn't get to tour the Disney train. Your kids are so cute. I love the new naked phase Jace is going through! I miss those little kiddos!

N and J said...

The choo-choo kids are beautiful. Their great/grandpa Barnes would be proud of them. I can't believe how fast they are growing. They look so excited about life. Tiff is one good mama. Thanks for sharing those precious moments.

Jen said...

Thanks for inviting me. I loved hanging out with you and your kids they are hilarious to watch. You are so patient with them. My two wont leave my side so it was fun to see them jumping in the mud and stripping down.

Shelly said...

Looks like a fun day!! I'm glad that I didn't come down for it, my kids wouldn't have lasted the 2-3 hours wait. I'm glad that you had fun, your kids are too funny!!

Ness said...

That is funny that we did the same thing. Well, except for the stripping. Sorry we didn't see you there. I haven't seen you in so long. We need to get together.

Becquita said...

Sigh.. I guess my husband is right. The nudist thing my boys have IS from my side of the fam!