Wednesday, July 8, 2009

God Bless the USA!

I absolutely LOVE the Fourth of July! Parades, fairs, cotton candy, BBQs, fireworks, patriotic music, it doesn't get better than that! I know that I sound like a broken record, but everything is so much funner with kids too! I love watching them get excited and experiencing things for the first time, it's very refreshing!


We started the day in Tooele at the parade. Here are the kiddos with Trev and Marc waiting for the parade to start.

Jace's favorite thing by far at the parade was the flag he got. He waved it at everyone who passed by. (Now the flag has been turned into a wand, and Jace and Brooklyn point it at each other and say "Abra cadabra!")

Rylan was such a sweetheart at the parade. There were a lot of kids (and adults) that were getting to the candy faster than Jace could. Rylan would pick up candy and drop it in front of him and say "Look Jace!" so he could pick it up. I'm very disappointed I didn't get a picture of this lady at the parade who was at least 6-7 months pregnant. She was literally ripping candy away from the kids. I couldn't believe it! She almost did the splits fighting all the kids for a first-aid kit, it was crazy! I just don't understand some people.


Here's Jace and Daddy after the fair. Jace is holding his and Brooklyn's first pets: two African Dwarf Frogs named "Green" and "Froggie". Unfortunately last night we had a casualty but I don't think the kids have noticed yet. We have followed all of the "instructions", so maybe it was just "Froggie's" time to go.

In the evening we hit some BBQs and did some small fireworks. (Trevor was very disappointed he couldn't make it to Wyoming this year for the good stuff.) Here is Brooklyn watching all of the other kids with their sparklers. She was SO messy by the end of the day, but still cute none the less.

Jace LOVED the sparklers! In fact, now every time we say prayers, he makes me say that we're thankful for the "Sprinkles". Such a cutie..

We had such a wonderful 4th! It's nice to have a holiday to reflect on how lucky we are to live in this beautiful country!!

7 comments:

Ang said...

The 4th is probably my least favorite holiday... I just barely tolerate it! So I am so glad my kids are done with the parades and fairs, we are still dealing with the fireworks display though. Here the fireworks are all legal so there is always a neighbor shooting off the big ones that you can watch.

My sister has a couple of those frogs... pretty soon it turns into a fish tank and a lizard too! She lets the lizard (I think it is a chinese crested something or another) walk around the house it is pretty cute, and I am not a reptile/amphibian person at all!
SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAKE you need a SNAKE!!

Shelly said...

Yes Tiff, I think you need a snake!!

Thanks for spending the 4th of July with us. Wish you could have stayed for the fireworks and such, but it was fun having you!!

Unknown said...

Your kids are seriously so cute. I had a ton of fun hanging out with you guys on the 4th. I am already getting excited to do more "sprinkles" on the 24th! I hope Jace is ready because I bought a ton!! See ya tonight!

Shelbi Jean said...

what little hams you have Tiff! your babies are so darn cute, I hope that we run into you guys more often. Hope to see you guys on the 24th!

Nate said...

The first picture of Trevor and MarK reminds me of the movie "Men in Black". The aliens won't stand a chance with those two guys.

The kids are beautiful. I really miss them. Thanks for keeping us updated on your lives.

Karissa said...

It was so fun to see you and your cute kids the other day. I can't get over how much hair Brooklyn has! I love that they have both Canada shirts and USA shirts, way to spread the love!

Sarah said...

I'm happy you guys had a good 4th! I can't believe that woman at the parade was ripping stuff away from the kids. Isn't the candy for the kids? I don't understand people like that either. I hope that you don't mind if I call you for help on some of these Whichizits for Patho. The first one seems pretty easy, but I don't dare look at the others and get myself confused. You guys look great! Darling kids!