Monday, July 13, 2009

Pictures are Priceless

Yesterday we had an impromptu BBQ with some of my mom's side of the family. We don't get to see them nearly enough (pretty much weddings & funerals, unfortunately) and decided last minute that we would get together for a BBQ. I'm horrible and didn't have my camera out, but luckily, my cousin and uncle took some awesome pics of the kiddos!

Brooklyn
(My little piece of heaven on earth)






Mommy & Jace:
(Jace was being a poop about taking pictures, which is why there are only a couple of him)


Brooklyn & Wes
(One of her most favorite people in the world)



Trevor
(Like my cousin Stacey said, What's a BBQ without it's chief?! Thanks hun for the yummy food!!)


This has definitely increased my desire for a nicer camera. I like that my point-and-shoot camera is small, and mobile. But I need something nicer to take pictures of my beautiful babies!!!


This is the camera that I have my eye on. The Nikon D5000. I definitely don't have a lot of skill in this area. I would love to take a class on photography just so I can take better pictures of my fam. I need some input from all you camera savy people!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cute li'l chickens...luv those gran-babies...great bbq...wish we were there! Where did you learn to cook, Trev??
Tiff...ask Jenny about the camera ideas...she will give you the straight goods.

Holly said...

Kevin says go with a Canon.

Whitney said...

I agree with Kevin...go with Canon. I love love love their cameras and they have some pretty simple to use ones that do a fabulous job. The rebel series is great and easy. Anyway, I recommend canon canon canon

Nate said...

I have to agree with the Canon recommendations. We have owned three of them and I have never been disappointed. Try this website for camera reviews: http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html
It is by far the most detailed that I have found.

The kids are beautiful as always and I can't wait for the day that your husband can cook for us. We sure miss you guys. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the family.

Shelly said...

I know NOTHING about cameras, but your kids sure are cute!!

Ang said...

Love the pictures, Brooklyn is at such a precious little age, her face is just so sweet. A new camera is a must!

Unknown said...

SOOOO CUTE!! I love those little babies of yours! I would suggest a Canon for your point and shoot type cameras but for the slr I would definitely go with the Nikon. I have a few photographer friends that will only buy Nikons. So I say go with a Nikon if you are going to buy a slr!

Sarah said...

The pics of your kids are darling! Those puppy dog eyes on Brooklyn! Man, killer eyes! I'm with you on needing a new camera. I HATE the cameras that take forever to actually snap the darn picture! I told Trev that I want a super nice camera for graduation. So, in about 3 years I should get a new one. Patho is actually going pretty well. I'm holding in the A, A- range. I just hope that I can keep it there for the next three tests and the final. Cross your fingers for me.

Amber Shellabarger said...

Jace must be the same age as Mirabel because she was a poop when we took her 3 year old pictures. Nic is all about Nikons. He can tell you anything and everything you want to know. When you get a new camera (no matter which kind cuz he knows about them all) Nic can probably trade Trevor's yummy BBQ cooking for a few lessons. He loves teaching people about their camera and how to take shots not on auto.

Shelbi Jean said...

I swear, cameras were all the same before the digital age dawned- they update every year. I say go with the cheapest nicest one you can afford. Love the babies :)

Jen said...

Nikon All the way it is a higher quality camera then the canon it is like comparing Harry Potter movies to the Books!!!! Trust me I have sold them all