Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Festivities

We have had such a FUN FALL!!! I love the cooler weather (for the most part, I wouldn't mind a summer day here and there), the smells, and especially the colors! There are so many things to do with the kids!


Hay Ride(s)
Every year a nursery near our house does hayrides & the kids get to pick out pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. This year, the kids couldn't get enough and we went three times!

The Fam on the Hay Ride.


Helping Jace pick out the perfect pumpkin!


Brooklyn & I scouting out pumpkins.

Brooklyn, Jace, & Noah getting ready for the pumpkin ride.

Jace is about to give Noah a kiss. It's not really fair, because Noah gets "free" kisses all the time, I practically have to beg for them!

The next week we went with Kylee & Rylan. Believe it or not, this is the best picture we got of the five of them together and not one of them is looking except for Brooklyn, who is glaring at me!

Yesterday we went for the last time and Brooklyn fell in love with this particular pumpkin. She carried it around every where!


Bestest Friends!
The Farm
There's a farm by our house that Tara & I took the kids to. It was a BLAST! There was so much for the kids to do & see. We could have stayed there all day!

There were huge slides that we were made down the bales of hay. Jace thought it was a blast to run from me & go down the slide before I could get a picture!

Having fun on the slide!

Brooklyn is usually a dare-devil, but she wouldn't go down unless I hiked up the hay and went down with her. It was actually pretty fun!

Brook waiting in line for the pumpkin bouncy house.


She's refusing to look at me. They both were big stinkers at getting their pictures taken, and the scenery was so beautiful with the corn, hay, and blue skies. I LOVE FALL!

She finally looks at me! What a beauty!


Love that squinty-eyed smile!

















The kids got to play in the "cornbox" and had a lot of fun digging through the corn.


Brooklyn showing me the corn, which is the only way I could get a picture of her face instead of her back!

















Next we went through the Kiddies Corn Maize. Jace would run in front of us & show us which way to go.
The kids definitely had to go on the Cow Choo-Choo and of course Jace wanted to go in the pink cart!

The next time around they wanted me to go with them. Sounded like fun. We were super squished, but thought we would survive. I must be getting old, it was a very brutal 5 minutes, although it felt more like 30.






Noah was a champ & just chilled with his Mama the whole time. I have never met such an easy going kid!
What a great time of year! This week the fun events will continue with "dinner in a pumpkin", pumpkin carving, and of course, Halloween!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us join in on the fun! We had a blast!!!

The Hodsons said...

I love this time of year. You got some really cute pictures! Your pictures look way nice...did you get a new camera? :)

Unknown said...

You're consistantly doing great things with your children and relatives...kudos...a great foundation...and thanks for the great pics...so much easier to take and display pictures these days!

Shelly said...

Your pictures are beautiful... I want a new camera!! :)

anne said...

I love all your pics. So fall. :) What kind of camera do you have? I'm in the market for a new one.

Emily said...

Black Island Farms - Whoot Whoot!! I love this time of year too, I really could go a couple times a week to get a pumpkin. Its good that you are taking advantage of it. You really take great photos, and your kids always look so stinking cute!

Tiff and Trev said...

My camera is a Nikon D60. I LOVE it! SO easy to use!! I need to take a photography & photoshop class, but for now it's fun to play around!!!

Sarah Empey said...

I love that Noah and Jace have matching outfits! (He's really cute, by the way) Haven't seen you guys for awhile- what happened to the good ol' days with impromptu dinners when we hung out all the time? Love you!

Amber Shellabarger said...

Looks like so much fun. We did that last year and it was awesome. Yes the Syracuse Pumpkin walk was the one I was talking about. My grandparents started it 30 or more years ago at their house and now my cousins do most of it.