Saturday, November 17, 2007

Juggling Act


Well, I have officially survived the first month of having two babies on my own. (The words "on my own" are used loosely because I've had a LOT of help!) I didn't know how I was going to do it....but somehow we've made it. Brooklyn is already six weeks old! We're all alive...Jace hasn't killed and/or dismembered her yet...and I haven't had any breakdowns. Life is good.

Number two is definitely easier than number one I've decided. I mean, having two is harder than one...but the adjustment of having Brooklyn has been SO much easier than it was with Jace (or so it seems). Recovery was so much faster...nursing so much easier...waking up in the middle of the night not quite as bad. I think having my babies so close has certainly had it's advantages, because I'm already in the baby mode. I'm used to the diapers...the bottles...the holding...the late nights/early mornings... Luckily, Jace is in a really great routine. He goes to sleep at 8:00 pm and sleeps until 8:00-9:00 am (most of the time) and takes a 2-3 hr nap every day. This sure helps because Brooklyn's routine is...well...not quite a routine yet. There are certainly moments every day when I find myself with a baby in each arm or they're both crying and need me at the same time. I've just learned to take a deep breath and take things just a minute at a time. Everything seems to work out, and we all survive. We don't have a choice.

I love this parenting thing and am so blessed with two beautiful healthy babies. I must have done something pretty good somewhere along the line to deserve all that I have.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Super Mom!!! I was pleasantly surprised to hear you sounding happy and sane when I called the other morning. I can't believe I woke you up--the worst, I know. You're doing awesome!

The Owen Family said...

Keep up the good work, your amazing! By the way you look great! Your kids are so cute.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Harwood Family said...

So when's the next one due? Cute picture!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.