Monday, November 26, 2007

Visitors from the North

So this last week, Trevor's sister & brother-in-law, and their three girls visted us from Canada. We had such a blast! It was so nice for Trevor to finally have a little time off of work (although he did have school for some of the days) and it was SO nice to see his family! Not only did we have five built in babysitters for the week (that were very eager to see their neice/nephew/cousins I might add) but I had people to shop with, play games with, and not to mention our own personal chef! We had such a Happy Thanksgiving with delicious food and great company. Trev and Jen & Kevin went out on "Black Friday" and shopped like pros. I was impressed when Trevor was back in bed by 8:00 am and said they got most of the things on their lists. WOW! I was kind of sad I didn't get to go (second year in a row we have a small baby at home...) but when the alarm went off at 3:30 am I was certainly happy to stay in bed! The week went by way too fast, and we were so sad to see them go. Especially Jace. He had SO much fun with the girly girls and his uncle and aunt. Today he keeps going down stairs to see where everyone is. The house is sure quiet...and I have forgotten how to juggle the two on my own again. So far we're all still alive...in fact I've lucked out and they're both sleeping for the time being. I spoke too soon, Brooklyn woke up! That always happens! Anyway, we had a great week, here are a few of the pictures Jen took (she's a great photographer).

Here is a picture of Vicky, Chrissy, and Sarah holding their new baby cousin.

We did a lot of fun things while they were here. Here's a pictures of Sarah and Jace going down a slide at the park.


Jace wasn't the only one that was spoiled. The girls loved taking turns holding Brooklyn and were thrilled when they were able to rock her to sleep. This is a pictures of Chrissy holding Brooklyn. She informed me that her favorite songs are "I am a Child of God" and "I Often go Walking". Next is Brooklyn on a beautiful quilt Grammy sent down for her.


Here's Jace & Brooklyn in their Sunday best. Jen got this adorable dress for Brooklyn, and Jace is now fitting into his first suit! Jace was actually really sweet with Brooklyn and kept kissing her and leaning his head on hers. The only problem is, Brooklyn didn't like it too much and started crying. I have found it's much harder to get two kids to look at the camera and smile than one!

No comments: