Thursday, August 14, 2008

Addicted

I should NOT be allowed to read! It encompasses my whole life and nothing else seems to get done. I'm not a normal person that can just read a couple chapters a day before I go to bed or read some here and there. I become encompassed and can't focus on anything else until I finish a book. And then when I finish I'm almost sad, in a way, that I didn't draw the book out longer and enjoy it a little more.

Well, last week (or so) the final book in the Twilight series came out and I decided I wanted to read (well, in this case, listen to) the first three books again to get myself all pumped for the last one. Tara so lovingly put them on my i-pod and I listened to all three in a week. I listened when I went on a walk with the kids in the morning, I listened while driving. Books on tape are such a wonderful thing! I finally finished on Monday and decided I wanted to read, instead of listen, to the final book since it would be my first time through. Anyway, I'm finally finished and now my life can go back to normal. Trevor is ecstatic to have his wife back and is excited to come home to a clean house instead of the mess he's been coming home to this past week. He hates it when I read! I guess I'll take a break until I read Harry Potter before the next movie comes out, unless anyone has a good suggestion for a new book for me to get addicted to!?

11 comments:

Holly said...

Kevin was glad when I was finished reading as well. I also get so involved in my books, I don't get anything done and my children get very neglected. How did you like the book? I thought it was great. I am sort of sad the series is over. No ideas for a new book. Sorry.

Nate said...

It is really freaking me out that all these people are reading these books! Ang's sisters and even Lex wants to read them. I thought they were TEENY BOPPER books...but I guess the same can be said for Harry Potter books and adults love them.

I will recommend my favorite books: Les Miserables, The Count of Monte Cristo, and The Lord of the Rings...all classics and all worth their price in gold...If you are going through Mark's audio book collection...the Ender's series is also good if you can stand science fiction.

Audio Books allow you to multi-task...I used to listen to three a week at my old job!! You can clean the house and listen at the same time!!! And Trevor ought to be cleaning the house anyways, since he can't finish the yard!!!

Ang said...

I love that feeling of getting lost in a good book. I can't wait til I get the chance to do it!

Forget about the house work and tell Trev to pick up! HEE HEE!!

Marc T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc T. said...

Well, I have GOOD NEWS! The next Harry Potter film won't be out until next summer..

Click Here To Verify

So you will have Plenty of time to read the books. If you need them for your Ipod, lemme know!

Ashley said...

Do I dare even tell you some more good titles? Trevor might be mad :) I love this post because I just peeled myself away from a book to eat. Eating, sleeping, showering, it just gets in the way! I totally hear ya! I just finished 'These Is My Words' yesterday morning and am 200 pages into 'The Time Traveler's Wife'. Both are excellent.

Melanie said...

This sounds so familiar. Kelly hates it when I read too. I haven't read book 4 yet, but soon I will have too. Maybe instead of reading books you should go back to being obsessed with the movie Titanic - then we'll see if he cares if you read or not Ü

Unknown said...

I am scared to even start the book. Nate- its not a teeny bopper book- two of the guys in our family read it but I will not embarrass them by revealing their names :).

Katie and Kyle said...

Did you read The Host? It's really good too!

N and J said...

Well I can tell you where you got it from. Your Dad is the same way. He can sit in a chair and read longer than I can sit and scrapbook, and that is a long time. I won't bother telling you, he just bought another book by the same author called The Host. If you guys haven't read it. You should really pass it around. It would save everyone lots of money. Love, ya. Mom Julie

Tiff and Trev said...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm sure Trev will be thrilled! I'm

Nate-the series is kind of teeny-bopperish, but it's still good and addicting. I'm sure you wouldn't love it though. I have read "Count of Monte Cristo" and loved it, and the others sound good as well.

Shel- you better be joking about Harry Potter, or I'll be upset!

Parents- I've heard the host is good, and will definitely want to borrow it when Dad's done.

Sorry Trev!