Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jace!

Well, today is my little boy's special day. Two years ago (at 5:18 pm to be specific) I gave birth to my Jace Man. My life hasn't been the same since.












What happened to my little boy?! It seems like only yesterday we were taking him home from the hospital, and now he's TWO?! He wanted to get in Brooklyn's car seat today, and kept saying "buckle" (they barely fit) but I thought it would be a good way to show how big he's gotten. I can't believe how much our lives have changed in the past two years and how happy I am to be Jace's mom. He certainly keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't want it any other way.


Jace decided since it was his birthday he would sneak a cupcake early. He reached up and plucked it from the counter and shoved it in his face.


Here's Jace's cake. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's supposed to be a bouquet of balloons. Jace LOVES "noons", so I did this cupcake cake just for him.



We had a birthday party at "Mama" and "Gampga" Barnes' house since our yard consists of weed, dirt, and earwigs! Jace made out like a bandit! He got fun toys to play in the sand with, a lawn mower, a sprinkler attachment, a train, and a swing set (although we haven't been able to put it up yet because our yard is not quite a yard yet).

Even though Jace got a lot of fun stuff, his favorite things were the balloons and water. He decided to mix the balloons in the water to make it even funner!










Brooklyn was quite content playing with anything she could get her hands on. She particularly liked the tissue paper. (Now we know what to get her for her birthday!)



The day was not without a little blood and tears. Jace tripped and bumped his lip on a toy. Poor guy!


Jace started out with one cupcake and was pretty excited about it! He didn't quite understand to blow out the candles, he just pointed at the flame.


He decided that two cupcakes were funner than one. Eventually, he added a third, but didn't eat much of any of them. I was kind of disappointed because last year he devoured the cupcake and shoved it in his face. He had frosting everywhere! This year he barely touched them.


All of the kids had fun running around "Barnes Park". Here's Rylan, Kylee, and Dylan playing on the teeter-totter. Jace just loves his cousins!


When we got home, there was another present waiting for Jace. He wanted to play ball all night and had a hard time going to bed.
Jace seemed to have a pretty good day, and we were all exhausted by the end.
We were sad that Trev's family was not here to celebrate Jace's special day with us, but are happy we were able to see them last month.
We are so blessed to have Jace in our family, and it's fun to celebrate his birth. I hope Jace will always know how special he is to me and how much I celebrate the day they entered the world. It's not just his day to celebrate, it's mine too.

9 comments:

Ang said...

Happy Belated Jace man! What a fun day and I bet you were exhausted by the end. Barnes park looked fabulous and I am sure it was a good time. I can't believe how grown up he is.

Unknown said...

Sorry im a little late, but Happy Birthday Jace!

Sarah Empey said...

You're not kidding about the life-altering children. Good Heavens, I used to be so nice and calm. I have to remind myself that I really am cool even though I speak "baby" all day. (Bilangual!) Jace, you're awesome and I'm glad we got to spend one of your last days being 1! Love, "Auntie" Sarah

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday my little man!! I can't believe he is two. He is growing up way too fast!!! He is a cute kid and I am lucky to be his aunt!!

Shelly said...

Cute pictures!! What a difference 2 years makes, they grow up right before your eyes!!

The Barnes park isn't nearly as much fun with the two Barnes girls so far away!!

N and J said...

I kept checking to see when you had posted his birthday. I love the way you posted it you really got some great pictures. Oh time goes by sooooo fast.

Amber Shellabarger said...

It is crazy he is two already. Mirabel fell on her birthday and got a bloodly lip too and she got a swingset plus I saw the same pool we have in the pictures. They must be linked somehow because they are so close in age.

Tiff and Trev said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! We had a great day! We really missed Nate, Ang, and the girls too much though....

Nate said...

Well...I'm like two weeks late...because this never showed up as a new post on our blog. I thought for the record, I had to comment and wish Jace a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I remember Jace's party last year when he had cake all over his body. I have never seen a child get more presents...he is a lucky kid to have you guys for parents...we miss you and welcome you to Erie anytime you want!!!!