Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weeds

So this blog is a bit outdated (I've been busy reading), and many of you may know this story, but I still wanted to share...







If anyone has been to our house, you know we have had a SERIOUS weed problem. These pictures are just of the front yard, the back yard was MUCH worse! So Trevor decided he would weed eat all the weeds. This took many long hours in the hot sun (on Trev's part, me and the kids watched from the air conditioned house!). When he was finished, he raked all the weeds to the middle of the dirt and decided to burn them.

Yes, I know, I didn't think he should be burning them either but Trevor has his own way of doing things, and sometimes it's not worth arguing with. So one evening he told all our neighbors about the fire, had a hose and shovel ready if things got out of hand, and started his burn. I stayed in the house because I didn't condone this activity.
About 45 minutes later Trevor came in the house and was all excited about something. He asked if I had been looking out the window. I told him I saw the fire but had been sitting on the couch watching TV. He proceeded to tell me how he had been visited by a policeman and firetruck and that apparently it's "illegal" to burn weeds in your front yard. Hmmm...maybe he should have listened to his wife! He didn't get a citation or anything, but I don't think he'll be starting any fires any time soon! I was just mad I didn't get any pictures for our blog! Here's a picture of the burnt remains...

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Good thing Marc wasn't there to help. They would have had a bonfire going with roasting sticks in hand!!

Regardless, your front yard is looking Much better.

Ang said...

Trevor I do not approve! I was so excited to finally get to see a picture of your house. Give us more, and next time illegal activity goes down have the camera ready!!!!

Jamie said...

I am sure that's not the first time Trevor had a run in with the law! LOL

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's acceptable to burn weeds in your front yard in Canada.
I think it's a great idea though. That looks like it's a lot easier to clean up.

Kenzie said...

Hey Tiff I am so glad you did, It is good hearing from you!!I love your blog! We miss you guys, but you house is so cute. Hope all is well and we will keep in touch through blogs!

Nate said...

We need more pictures of the house Tiff!!! Finally Trevor is starting to get that yard cleaned up....before I harass him too much...is he in school this summer and if so..how many credit hours??

Becky said...

Two words:

Not Surprised!

Trevor was always doing stuff around here. I think the enforcement officer stopped him here for throwing snow into the street. I guess it's good to hear Trevor hasn't changed. ;)

Sarah said...

It sounds like you guys are doing really well. And also like you have had a busy summer. Cananda for two weeks! Nice. I'm not surprised that Trevor would burn the weeds either. Remember snow blowng the lawn. Good times. Glad you guys are doing well.

Pat Zezula said...

Hey Bud...next time (sorry Tiffany) get out sticks and dogs for the cops and the firemen...then take pictures!
(why do we always think of the good stuff afterwards?)