Friday, September 12, 2008

Hot Dog Juice

Jace has been a little grump this week. He was sick Monday, and I'm not sure if he's had something lingering the rest of the week, or what, but he's sure been moody! On one particular day I couldn't get anything right, everything I did made him cry or scream so by the time lunch time rolled around, I was ready to pull my hair out. I just wanted to get through lunch so he could take a nice long nap (which he did, thankfully!). I was so sick of hearing him whine that by the this time I basically gave him whatever he wanted. At this particular moment he wanted my water bottle and two bottles that go to my pump (yes, they were clean of course). Anyway, I gave him the bottles and gave him some hot dogs for lunch. Next thing he started whining for was a straw. Sure, Kid. If it'll keep you quiet, here's a straw. By this time I was in a bad mood too. That is, until I looked over and saw Jace.
Now take a closer look...

Yes, those are hot dogs in the water he's drinking. YUCK! What a goof! I had to laugh at him. Even though he can be a little bug sometimes I sure love that kid!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

You sound just like me!! I'm hoping that he figured out a way to eat the hotdogs and not drink them!! Too cute...

Katie Webb said...

How funny! Aren't kids just hilarious!?

Ang said...

Oh I know those days! I still have them and my girls are 7 and 12... ugh. He is absolutely adorable.

Becky said...

That's hilarious! It's so gross some of the things these little critters try.

N and J said...

You had me scared when I read the title. But only Jace could come up with hotdog water. What will he come up with next. You are going to have so much to look back on and laugh.

Amber Shellabarger said...

Right now hot dogs make me gag and all but I was to busy laughing to upset my gag reflex. Clever kid!

Pat Zezula said...

Keep a diary/journal on each of these precious li'l souls...so you can 1. Remember all the wonderous antics -flu, measles, other important dates 2.pass it on to them later in life 3. cause it helps you remember why you love them so dearly...part of you as earthly parents and part of their heavenly parents 4. or you will always wish you had kept one!
(day by day...or week by week is easiest..inch by inch is a cinch and yard by yard is Hard) "you guys are doing a great job with your children...keep up the great work!"