Friday, September 26, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Lately Jace has really been wanting to be a big boy. Not only does he want to do things all by himself, but he wants to do the same things Trevor and I are doing. Sometimes it can be a little annoying, but I love watching him grow up into a big boy.






Every morning when I go to the bathroom to get ready, Jace RUNS to the drawers and pulls out my deodorant.





Whenever we're cooking at the stove, Jace has to run and get his own spatula and drags a chair over to help. Here he's helping Daddy make some tortillas!





One day I was cleaning up the kitchen and Jace ran and grabbed a spatula from the drawer. He grabbed my hand and took me to where our bread is on the counter and kept saying "Bed, bed". I gave him a piece (the kid loves bread) and this is what I found him doing. He found the grill in our cabinet and wanted to make French Toast just like his dad. What a cutie!
It's so fun watching this little guy grow up, and it's interesting to see all of the things that he learns from us just by watching. I guess we've got to be careful now!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I never know what I'll find after Jace leaves my house. We had a mini fire in our toaster after finding fruit snacks in the bottom. I found a rotten banana in my blender a week after he left. And I finally found my spantula after a month in a pan under my stove. Gotta LOVE the little helper!!

Ang said...

He is the cutest dang monkey I have ever seen!

Tiff and Trev said...

That's funny, Shel! The worst we've found so far is stale bread from when he tries to make french toast...so it sounds like you've gotten much worse!

Karissa said...

It is so funny the things that you never knew they were watching. Just wait until he starts repeating things you never realized he heard either!! I'm going to be living with my parents for about a month from just before Thanksgiving to Christmas while Justin goes to some training. We really need to get the kiddos together and catch up!!!

The Coombs' said...

Zac is in that same stage. I can't go into the bathroom without him going for his toothbrush. And I can't make dinner without him getting out all the pots, pans and mixing bowls and throwing them all over the kitchen. FUN!