Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankful

This year for Thanksgiving, we had the big dinner at our house! We were SO excited! My whole family came (minus Nate/Angie and girls, who we missed terribly) and we had Trev's sister and her family too. I was a little worried with fitting everyone, but I think it all turned out really well! The food was absolutely amazing, and can't remember having a tastier Thanksgiving! Those Canadians sure know how to cook!

Here's a shot down the table. I wasn't really good about taking a lot of pictures before/while people ate because I was so hungry and there was so much good food! Plus I had kids to attend to.


Here's the girlys getting ready to eat. They all were so patient and didn't even mind eating up at the bar. In fact, Chrissy and Vicky made name tags for everyone at the bar so they'd feel special!

This is me with my beautiful girl before the big dinner. She is growing up so fast and is still such a sweetheart. I'm waiting for Jace to start rubbing off on her :o).

Here's is Jace enjoying his dinner. You can tell he's storing some food in his cheeks like a chipmunk!


Brooklyn tries to use spoons, but hasn't quite figured it out. It's more effective when she shovels it in with her hands!

Ry and Ky got along so well with Vicky and Chrissy! It was so nice, they played downstairs for hours after dinner playing "British Tag" and other games I'd never heard of. Here they are decorating a gingerbread house. They were so good to take turns.



Here's the finished product. Jace woke up from his nap just in time to ruin his dinner by eating candy off the house.


Here's the adorable Brooklyn chowing down on some raisins. (I can't complain. It's certainly better than the candy Jace was eating!)

In a time where so many are suffering we have much to be thankful for. I am so happy for this time of year when we can reflect on all that we have, and in return, give to others. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Ang said...

I am so glad you posted some more pictures from your Thanksgiving weekend. The kids are so adorable, I loved to see Brooklyn's mouth full of teeth!

The only question I have is... why are the Canadians cooking for the Americans on the American holiday??? It seems a little backwards but good food is good food!

Shelly said...

It's because us (Tara, Tiffany and I) never picked up on the fine art of cooking. If it were left to us, it would be stove top stuffing and canned foods...

Unknown said...

well, lets see, those Canadians are also American...so they are celebrating their dual "roots"...
and Tiffany your pumpkin roll is awesome!! Send more rolls, please!
Thanks for the pics, wish we'd been there too!

Marc T. said...

Fun Times! Thanks for hosting!!!

Nate said...

Thanks for posting some pictures of the Barnes and Zezula's families Thanksgiving. It looks like you had a great meal and a great day.

The Hodsons said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving!...I especially love the picture of you and Brooklyn.

The Coombs' said...

Brookly is so cute! And from the looks of that smile...she has more teeth than Zac. What a doll!

RoseAnna said...

What cute little kids. I can't believe how much Brooklyn looks like you! How fun.