Sunday, December 28, 2008

Very Merry Christmas

We had such a wonderful Christmas! It all started Christmas Eve at my parentals (it's my Dad's Birthday!) for some good eats and good company. I don't love ham, but Trevor was in HEAVEN!


Grandma and Grandpa Barnes gave the kids some fun gifts and spoiled us like usual.
This is Jace with his new robot. There's a robot song/dance on Barney that Jace loves, so he was so excited for the robot! I couldn't get him to hold still long enough to take a decent picture!

Brooklyn was loving Grandpa! Here's Kylee and Grandpa helping her to open her present.

Of course we had to open our Christmas Eve PJs and books. Jace loved his reindeer jammies but was a little jealous that Sissy had snowmen on hers!

It was SO much fun shopping and planning for Christmas this year! Trevor helped Santa to set up Jace's train on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure who enjoyed the train more, Trevor and Wes, or Jace!

My kids didn't wake up until 9:30 am Christmas morning (which has actually become the trend lately). Brooklyn was a little unsure about everything, and just wanted mommy and her blanky.

She's teething right now, so she was a little slow to warm up.

Jace went straight into action and started to play with his Choo Choo Train. I thought it might be a little old for him, but he caught on really fast and knows how to use the remote and loves for the train to go backwards! Even Brooklyn will say "Choo choo" whenever she sees a train!

Auntie Jen got Brooklyn her first Barbie with a Barbie car. As you can see Jace thought it was for him.

Here he is brushing her hair.

By 1:00 pm Brooklyn was pooped! She found the only piece of carpet that wasn't occupied by toys, presents or wrapping paper and lied down. She had a rough morning (she projectile vomited all of her milk at breakfast and her teeth were bothering her) but was such a trooper!

After their nap Brooklyn was feeling much better and the kids decided to go for round 2 of opening presents. It was kind of nice because opening presents was an all day process for the kids. They were too excited with one toy to open the next. I loved it! Both of the kids did really well with opening their gifts and loved to help mom and dad open theirs too.

Auntie Jen also got Jace some blocks. Both of the kids LOVE them, although I must say I'm getting somewhat sick of Jace dumping them out every time I clean them up! He wants us to build towers for him, then Brooklyn comes and knocks them over.

Here are both of the babes playing with Brooklyn's new piano. For the most part they were pretty good about sharing, although Jace thinks everything is "mine".

Jace's last present to open was his potty! He immediately wanted it opened and set up. Then he wanted his pants and diaper off so he could "go potty". I was happy that he was so excited for it! He didn't actually do anything in the potty but at least he's showing some interest. The funniest part was that he wanted to read on the potty. Neither Trevor or I are potty readers so I'm not sure where he gets it from.

We had such a wonderful Christmas! My parents came over for a turkey dinner in the afternoon too...but forgot to take any pictures. It is SO much fun to have kids at Christmas! I can't remember being this excited for Christmas since I was a kid myself! The funny thing is, is that Trev and I didn't even open our presents until after noon. We just had so much fun watching the kids. Trev spoiled me again this year...I'll have to do a post with the gift he gave me tomorrow. I love the Christmas Season, and am sad to see it come to an end but had SO much fun this year! I can't wait to see what Santa brings for the babes next year!

8 comments:

Ang said...

I can't believe how grown up your babies are getting. How nice that opening presents lasted all day, sometimes entertaining the kids with their new toys is exhausting but it looks like your day was pretty smooth. Love you guys and miss you!

Nate said...

Well I was going to complain about having to wait 3 days to finally get to see your Christmas day pictures, but it was well worth the wait. The kids look so grown up and while we were looking through the post; Liv could not believe that it was Jace in the pictures.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us and hopefully we will get to see some more "evidence" of Christmas from the parents and the other two sisters.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Great pics!! We do appreciate them. We miss being there too...and I'm sure you would have enjoyed the family here as well - children make Christmas! Jenn and Chelsie took some pics.
New Years is at the B.D. Stake Center again with missionaries and non-members too...we'll be thinking of you!!

Sarah Empey said...

Poor Brooklyn! Looks like you had a great Christmas- we missed seeing you this season, but hopefully we'll get together SOON! How is Tara? Is she feeling any better? Take care!

Tiff and Trev said...

Aren't they getting big?! It's kind of sad but SO much fun too! It was fun that they actually got the whole present thing this year! They are at such fun ages...

Shelly said...

Cute pictures. They are growing up fast!!

Shelly said...

Cute pictures. They are growing up fast!!

Shelly said...

Cute pictures. They are growing up fast!!