Saturday, January 3, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

2008 was a pretty good year for us! We said goodbye to our first home and have started a new adventure in a new one. Trevor's accomplished great things in school and our kids have grown up SO much!

Our New Years Eve was a lot of fun! I went out with my sister, Tara and a bunch of our cousins for lunch. It was so nice to reminisce and visit! I wish we all lived closer and could do it much more often.
Here is a group shot of us. Thanks girls for a great time!
In the evening we had my parents and Wes & Tara over and we (meaning mostly Trevor) made some really yummy snacks!


Here's a picture of some of the yummy food we ate! The nice thing about New Years is you stay up so late....so you can stuff your face all night long!

Here are the parents making their yummy banana slush that Trev made. We're so lucky that his parents really know how to cook and have really good recipes!


Jace loved the cherry tarts that Daddy made, although I'm not sure how much got in his mouth.

We watched the "Choo Choo Movie" aka Polar Express before the kids went to bed. Jace absolutely LOVES this movie, especially the hot chocolate scene! He runs around and goes crazy! It's so much fun! I really need to get it on video. Now whenever I ask him what a train says he says, "Hot Chocolate!". What a cute kid. (This picture is of Grandma, Jace, and I sitting watching the movie.)

We put the kids to bed and the parents decided it was their bedtime too and so they left. We had then had some friends come over and ate more food and chit chatted. I kind of forgot about taking pictures at this point...



Trev and the rest of the boys went outside to play in the snow. Tara & Wes have their 4-wheeler at our house so they put it to good use! There are several vacant lots around our house so the boys took turns dragging each other on the sled. Trevor was in charge of taking pictures and this is the only one I got. This is Wes and Tim (Wes's brother-in-law) getting ready to go!

Meanwhile the girls stayed inside where it was nice and warm and talked about pregnancy and babies (due to the fact that 3 out of the 5 girls are prego). The boys didn't miss much but it was a lot of fun.


We hope you all have a terrific New Year!

7 comments:

Ang said...

I think trains and hot chocolate are a perfect match, that is hilarious. I can't believe the year is over. It really does seem to go by fast, especially when you are watching your kids grow and change right before your eyes.

Shelly said...

It looks like you guys had a great New Years party. Love the picture of Uncle Tim and Wes. I'm glad that they all came back from their adventure alive!!

Nate said...

It looks like a fun party. I have meant to ask you if Trevor was still going to school? I am betting you guys are going to have a fabulous 2009!!

Nate said...

It looks like a fun party. I have meant to ask you if Trevor was still going to school? I am betting you guys are going to have a fabulous 2009!!

Katie and Kyle said...

Looks like fun! Love your Christmas card by the way.

Tiff and Trev said...

Nate- Trev actually is taking the semester off because he has his associates and he doesn't have any classes to take until he gets into the nursing program. He applies this month and we'll find out in the spring. Cross your fingers!!!

mccall said...

Are you freaking kidding me? I am SO glad you found me! That is the best part about blogs - hoping an old friend will find you and say hello! That's crazy that you know Sean & Jill.

It was so great to hear from you! It looks like you guys are doing well. Your kids are adorable! Please check in on me once and a while - let's keep in touch!