Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow Bunnies

Last week, we got a couple days of pretty good snow. Trevor loves it when it snows because then he gets to snow blow the driveway (which is apparently fun for him) and because we have access to a 4-wheeler and a lot of open space. Tara and Wes have a sweet 4-wheeler, but unfortunately needed a place to store it. We certainly have some space, and finally got some good use out of it! Tara & Wes were down from Park City for a couple days while it snowed, and the boys had a blast on the 4-wheeler. It's nice because we have quite a few vacant lots on our street that are perfect for 4-wheeling.

Now Jace usually goes outside to "Shovel snow Daddy". He absolutely loves it and has his own little shovel. Brooklyn usually stays inside with me, but on this day she through an absolute fit and wanted to go outside with her brother. I bundled her up and out we went!



She makes such an adorable snow bunny! She was so fascinated by the snow that she wouldn't look at the camera or anything else for that matter.

She reminded me of the little boy on the Christmas story. She couldn't move real well and kept tipping over!

Here's Wes and Jace on the "whoa" (which is what he calls it).

Jace and Wes are going over the "bump", Jace's favorite part.

Brooklyn liked the 4-wheeler too. She was really stoic and wouldn't show any facial expressions. (Again, she wouldn't look at the camera).

The Jace wanted a turn. He got up with Daddy and looked down at Brooklyn and kept saying "Sissy!". He's a good big brother (some of the time) and looks out for Brooklyn. We belted them together and Brooklyn leaned forward the whole time.

I even took a little turn. By this time, Brooklyn was warming up to the 4-wheeler and said "WHOA!" (in a very enthusiastic voice) every time we went over a bump.

Here's Jace with his mini snowman he helped to build. The kid LOVES snowmen and everything else to do with Christmas. He's been going through withdrawals because there's no Christmas lights or decorations outside when we go driving at night.

Here's Daddy and Brooke...

So I guess there is something good about all of this snow and cold weather! I have definitely decided that we'll have to invest in a 4-wheeler eventually. It was a lot of fun!

8 comments:

Ang said...

Looks like a pretty fun time. I loved seeing the blue sky in the background and the gorgeous mountains. Two things I haven't seen in quite some time. We are bracing for an ugly storm coming our way tonight. We already have over a foot of snow on the ground so I just can't imagine it getting worse, but the say it will! Maybe we need a four wheeler too!

Unknown said...

Hey Bud...remind you of snowmobiling at Cooking Lake and the "moty bike - on the wee-wee road" when you were much younger?? Great memories...that's what great families are made of...taking time to build great bonds and memories. Soon they will be helping you work on the car or on the house...lots of fun ahead! Does Ang have the inside scoop on when you're adding to the blog??

Ang said...

Patrick, I live on my computer! All my studying and working is done on my laptap and I allow myself to study for an hour and a half and take a 5-10 minute break and then start all over again. I look forward to my breaks by checking the blogs and emails to try and feel connected with everyone, it is the only way I keep myself from going absolutely crazy while in med school. So I am not trying to one up you, just trying to stay sane. Happy blogging! This probably is falling on deaf ears now because it doesn't appear that anyone on the Barnes/Zezula side really cares to keep up a conversation on the blog so whatever!

Tiff and Trev said...

No deaf ears here! I'm just not as good about checking more than once a day! I am so happy to hear from you, Ang...and get so excited when I see that you've commented! I can always count on you to write some sort of a comment!!

And I think Trev's dad is wondering when we're going to be having more babies...which is certainly not any time soon! It's funny because Trev's side of the family is all about us having more...but then you talk to my dad and he'd be happy if we stopped at two! I love my babies...but for my sanity...if I want more, I must wait!

Unknown said...

...know what you mean Ang...I've just been dealing with a guy in Alabama inquiring into one of our buildings and come to find out he's being ivestigated by Federal RICO (Rackateer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations)as well as other pending law suits...so it is fun to check out the Tiff, Trev, and granbabies!! or have fun checking into the Jeff Dunn "YouTube" videos...have a great day and keep your sanity!

Ang said...

Oh, a real conversation from the Zezula's!!! I love it!

I sure miss you, Trev and those sweet kids and I am so glad you do take the time to keep us updated. Now if we could just get Tara to chime in once in awhile we would really be in business. I bet she is getting a cute tummy and I might not ever get to see it!

N and J said...

Ang needs to understand that Tara is too busy making babies to keep a regular schedule on the blog. However, everytime I see her she has full attention on the computer. What could she be doing? We love to see all the grandkids on the blogs. I'm sure it is all in the genes but we must have the cutist grandkids in the world. I'm just not saying which sise of the family those genes come from. I wish these little ones could stay young and innocent forever but then I guess they would never leave home. We try to maintain a dialogue with everyone but the computer isn't a real priority. Just the same, we love each of you so much and enjoy watching the amazing changes in the family.

N and J said...

Ang needs to understand that Tara is too busy making babies to keep a regular schedule on the blog. However, everytime I see her she has full attention on the computer. What could she be doing? We love to see all the grandkids on the blogs. I'm sure it is all in the genes but we must have the cutist grandkids in the world. I'm just not saying which sise of the family those genes come from. I wish these little ones could stay young and innocent forever but then I guess they would never leave home. We try to maintain a dialogue with everyone but the computer isn't a real priority. Just the same, we love each of you so much and enjoy watching the amazing changes in the family.