Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bonk!

Jace is ALL boy! He wants to climb on anything and everything. Last Sunday I was putting away some laundry and Jace took the laundry basket (like usual) and was playing in it and on it. He brought it into the kitchen, and was using it as a stepping stool to get on his Pooh-Car. I hear a little thunk and this is what I found.

I couldn't believe how fast he got this little goose-egg! It was so sad! He only cried for a few minutes and was over it, but he looked horrible! I felt like the worst mom ever!


Here he is pointing to the "owie". I was surprised at how fast it went down though. By the time he took his nap it looked much better. This happened 1 1/2 weeks ago and he still has a bruise on his forehead.

I'm expecting Brooklyn to get one of these any day now. She thinks she's as big as her brother and likes to climb up on anything she can.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Ohhhh, how sad!! You feel so bad when your kids get hurt in any way. I had an experience like that when I was 4 or 5. I wanted to be in the circus, so I put my trike up on a picnic bench, fell, and broke my arm. Gotta love the young invincible stage. I hope Jace feels better soon!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Ow! Man my jaw dropped when I saw the size of that goose egg! I'm glad he is doing okay. Poor little guy. Sounds like he is pretty tough though.

Ang said...

That is a goose egg, I am guessing it was bigger than the photo showed because usually it is hard to see the dimensions, and the photo looked horrible! Poor Jace man, it is just one of those things they seem to have to learn on their own no matter how hard we try!

The Owen Family said...

Poor Guy! Trae pulled my couch table on his head when he was that age it looked like a huge softball instantly but also went away pretty fast.... It gets even better, Aizlyn ran into a brick post at Michaels yesterday and got a shiner... HOW DO YOU RUN INTO A HUGE BRICK WALL!!! You gotta love these cute things...

Unknown said...

It's a god thing I never told you all the things my brothers and I got into when we were kids at home...you two would have never had kids - you probably would anyway...just remember what you and Jeff got into when you were kids and pray that your kids don't do the same...LOL...laughin' with ya bud, laughin' with ya. Go Jaceman Go...Hang on tight Tiff and Trev - you can survive (remember when Luke said he wasn't afraid and venerable Master said "You will be") "Don't worry, be happy" ...all things are for your good...pray they be helped through their unavoidable trials!

Shelly said...

Remember when Rylan told Kylee to run as fast as she could and he moved just in time for her to run into the wall?!! Your not a bad mom, you just have very normal kids!! You want to talk about a horrible mom, look at Kylee's arm!!
I win this week!!

Give Jace loves from us...

Chad, Katherine, Kaleb, Octavia Petersen said...

Your so cute. I think only the great Mom's worry about being a good one. Tavi got a black eye when she was that age, and Chad gave her a huge hunk of steak and then took a picture just to show off our lumberjack girl. You are the sweetest girl ever.
Loves,Kat

MOSblue said...

OUCH! This makes me so sad. He is so cute though! What I have to look forward to..... :)

The Coombs' said...

Oh man, that's a good one. Such is the life of a boy...get used to it!